Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Character  (Read 401 times)
armand

« on: February 17, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Character
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »
ReplyReply

"You should have seen the other guy" - based on the number of stitches this one got  Grin

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Character
I see the concept well enough. It's a creative idea. But the photograph "of that idea" isn't delivering much punch. It might be simply too obvious. I don't think it's a technical problem with the photograph, it is photographed well enough. If you still like the idea, PURSUE IT. Which mean, find another way to present this idea with a photograph. Try something else.

There's always this conflict: What your mind imagines the photograph will look like vs. what actually comes out on the photograph. When it doesn't work, think about why, adjust your plan, and re-photograph it.
sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
ReplyReply

I would see if a longer focal length would make the lines parallel. More character?

armand

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:35:57 AM »
ReplyReply

I see the concept well enough. It's a creative idea. But the photograph "of that idea" isn't delivering much punch. It might be simply too obvious. I don't think it's a technical problem with the photograph, it is photographed well enough. If you still like the idea, PURSUE IT. Which mean, find another way to present this idea with a photograph. Try something else.

There's always this conflict: What your mind imagines the photograph will look like vs. what actually comes out on the photograph. When it doesn't work, think about why, adjust your plan, and re-photograph it.

It came out quite close to what I had in mind.
RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
ReplyReply

It came out quite close to what I had in mind.
Excellent. We always hope for that!
amolitor

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:59:49 PM »
ReplyReply

This strikes me as a swing and a miss. It doesn't do anything for me.

I understand the impulse to shoot it, I shoot this sort of thing from time to time. Later, I realize it's not as cool as it looked.

- Andrew

My awesome blog about photography: http://photothunk.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad