Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 82 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 246663 times)
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1060 on: December 22, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

This is the first of a number of 24 locations I have to photograph around New Zealand over the summer for a client of mine.
Cheers

Simon

Poor Simon :-) nice!

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Rob C

« Reply #1061 on: December 23, 2013, 03:24:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

This is the first of a number of 24 locations I have to photograph around New Zealand over the summer for a client of mine.

Nikon D800E and Nikon 14-24mm G lens

Cheers

Simon

Nice shot, Simon, just one question: it's never been my bag, so I don't know, but should interiors look so, well, yellow? Especially when shown in conjunction with the great outdoors? Perhaps it's a convention of the genre.

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:19:11 PM by Rob C » Logged

kikashi

« Reply #1062 on: December 23, 2013, 03:32:49 AM »
ReplyReply

should interiors look so, well, yellow?

Warm and inviting, Rob. Not "yellow".

Jeremy
JoeKitchen

« Reply #1063 on: December 23, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice image Simon.  Although, I would like to see it color balanced somewhere between inside and out; the yellow just seems too strong. 

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
"Try not to be just better than your rivals and contemporaries, try to be better than yourself."  William Faulkner
Ken R

« Reply #1064 on: December 23, 2013, 08:13:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice image Simon.  Although, I would like to see it color balanced somewhere between inside and out; the yellow just seems too strong. 

I agree. I like the composition the subject, the clouds and the time of day / light chosen to shoot it but the color inside is too intense and a bit warm. The sky also seems a bit purplish to me.
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #1065 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice shot, Simon, just one question: it's never been my bag, so I don't know, but should interiors look so, well, yellow?...

Ah, Rob, you apparently did not get the whole brief!

The client for this shot was the local fire department and this is just the first shot in a series. The next ones are showing them in full gear, entering the scene and braving the blaze that is obviously engulfing the beautiful home from within Wink

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Chris Barrett

« Reply #1066 on: December 23, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »
ReplyReply

A few from a pretty awesome recent project...

All Rm3d / IQ 260

CB
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:17:13 AM by Chris Barrett » Logged
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #1067 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Now I am longing for Simon's warm interiors Wink

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1068 on: December 23, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Top shelf Chris...nicely done!

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #1069 on: December 23, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Cheers

Simon

Nice image Simon.!
ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
KLaban

« Reply #1070 on: December 23, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice

David Eichler

« Reply #1071 on: December 23, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Cheers

Simon

Since some others have offered critiques, I will try my hand as well. I agree with some others about colors the exterior lighting. Personally, I would prefer less of a purplish bias to the exterior. This is not to say that a purplish cast is wrong for twilights, just that it seems a bit strong to me for this particular shot, with the lighting at hand.

As to the color of the interior light, which some have said is too yellow, I think maybe in this case it is too warm, and perhaps could be biased a bit more orange and less yellow. For a later, twilight, shot, I think it might be a different case. However, the colors for these kinds of shots can be rather subjective and don't necessarily have to be strictly what the eye would see in real life.

Also, I think this could have been shot later, which would have yielded a more dramatic effect (assuming that would be acceptable for the client). And, while I like the composition, I wonder what this would have looked like shot from a little further away. As it is, I find the scale (near-far) distortion a bit strong for something like this. However, maybe there wasn't enough room for other options?

Lastly, I would have added some light to those skylights on the left and maybe lightened up the upper windows to make them closer in brightness to the lower ones.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:41:16 PM by David Eichler » Logged

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1072 on: December 23, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
ReplyReply

There is always things you can do, and nice suggestions....

Though, I don't think Simon was trying to show this as a "final" image . He was saying that it's 1 of a few locations. 
If you were to look at that image...Besides color the center can be distorted to sit flatter(convex), colors can be balanced etc.
But seeing Simon's work, he just put this up about the project. Either way, not a bad image.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1073 on: December 29, 2013, 07:54:33 AM »
ReplyReply

These are not really professional works, but close to it.  

For the first two images, I shot part the interiors for a local architect this month who did a large renovation inside.  Being so, the exteriors were not a concern during the shoot and I had to get somewhere else to grab a dusk shot of another building they did on the campus.  So I went back later and took these for my portfolio.  

The last image is probably the coolest new building in Philly and is about 2 miles from where I live.  The architect is very loyal to Esto  Angry, so I am shooting this as personal project.  Problem with this building is that dusk is the best time to shoot, but there is only a 5 minute window, and with a CF & polarizer, you can not get more than one shot a night.  So I will be return a few more nights.  I know someone who works at the university too, so I am going to try and get interiors too.  

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
"Try not to be just better than your rivals and contemporaries, try to be better than yourself."  William Faulkner
Chris Barrett

« Reply #1074 on: January 04, 2014, 09:26:57 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm putting together some promo stuff for 2014 and asked my 9 year old to rate selections from the last 5 years.  I think he did a pretty good job picking the more impactful images!

MichaelEzra

« Reply #1075 on: January 11, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
ReplyReply

Start of the new series

Happy New Year, everyone:)

kikashi

« Reply #1076 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Start of the new series
[

In colour, Michael? I'm looking forward to this.

Happy New Year.

Jeremy
haefnerphoto

« Reply #1077 on: January 11, 2014, 02:46:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Start of the new series

Michael, I think this will be very successful.  Great use of color, I like the warmth alot.  Jim

ndevlin

« Reply #1078 on: January 11, 2014, 09:42:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Beautiful image Michael - you've got the tonality just right.

Cheers.

- N.

Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera
synn

« Reply #1079 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Knockout shot, Michael!

my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 82 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad