Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 208018 times)
Rob C

« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2013, 02:59:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Latest test shoot. Just came out in the spring Workbook this week. The navigator shaved off his beard the next day.

Nice idea nicely executed but one big elephant in the field: four guys too many! On her own, she'd have been wonderful! (The girl - the elephant hasn't disclosed anything.)

;-)

Rob C

SecondFocus

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob and I think very much alike Smiley

Nice idea nicely executed but one big elephant in the field: four guys too many! On her own, she'd have been wonderful! (The girl - the elephant hasn't disclosed anything.)

;-)

Rob C

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
Rob C

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »
ReplyReply

History with a difference: instead of Kodachrome, one of those exercises where the client insisted that bigger was inevitable better. The client was a maker of ethnic Scottish jewellery, as you can tell from the brooch, I suppose. This was part of a studio calendar I did for him. It wasn't all sand 'n' surf.

Ektachrome 64, Hasselblad 500CM and 4/150mm Sonnar with the added interference of a Softar, which was fashionable at the time, but which in a digital age is not necessary... but those pale outlines did carry a sort of snobby street cred in some places at the time. Other people thought there was something wrong with the film. Oh, photography.

I tried to post this yesterday, but for some odd reason it went as pink as a flamingo the moment it landed within LuLa. I've made another jpeg, checked it was the right space (it was) and so I hope for the best.

Model: Nina Carter, aka Mrs Rick Wakeman.

According to the Sun newspaper, then a better casting medium than most agencies, she was blessed with the finest pair in the land. And to think I have none of them left... trannies, I mean.

;-)

Rob C

P.S. It's gone pink again, but not as badly. I suppose if one thinks strawberry blonde...

P.P.S.  The original tranny was copied on a Kodak lightbox using the D700 and a second-hand manual 2.8/105 Micro Nikkor. Good buy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:52:38 PM by Rob C » Logged

epines

« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, fellahs. She was tremendous to work with (it's Rose McIver, the actress who played the living sister in "The Lovely Bones"). The whole cast for this shoot was a dream team. 

Just added all the portraits from the shoot to my website:

http://ethanpines.com/#/THE%20LATEST/LOST%20BOAT/1/thumbs

Chris Barrett

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »
ReplyReply

from Monument Valley... my first stab at shooting landscapes.  Aww... black and white... how I've missed you.

HarperPhotos

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

My latest image for Hyundia.

Ciao

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
haefnerphoto

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Chris, What a beautiful landscape!  Great balance and light!!  Is this from the shoot awhile back or did you return?  I had a trip planned to New Mexico this coming Friday but work got in the way.  Will have to reschedule soon.

Simon, To me it's too manufactured and without any drama.  I think you should leave this one out of your book, you've got a lot of images with more impact. 

JohnBrew

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »
ReplyReply

from Monument Valley... my first stab at shooting landscapes.  Aww... black and white... how I've missed you.

Chris, great tones! Love this rendition.

SecondFocus

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Wow that's great!

Hello,

Ciao

Simon

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »
ReplyReply

"Hello,

Ciao

Simon"

Hate to say it, but where is the driver?
HarperPhotos

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

The car is right hand drive as we drive on the left here in New Zealand and the driver is short.

Ciao

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
NickCroken

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Ciao

Simon

The image looks very rendered compared to most of you car shots.  Are you compositing the image, shooting everything at once with a rig or using virtual rig software?
Hulyss

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »
ReplyReply

I like your car shoot Simon, even if it is a composite !! The goal is to sell the car so this photo is a winner. Smooth, powerful all in one... but ... were the hell is the driver ??  Grin

Portrait of my last client (this is not a car Tongue ):

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:22:12 AM by Hulyss » Logged

Kind Regards - www.hulyssbowman.com
Chris Barrett

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Home Office shoot for Herman Miller.  AD wanted Bright and Airy but with Contrast and Saturation.  Naturally it was overcast for almost the entire shoot.  Sunlight through the windows is all HMI.

More at the blog post...

CB
jsch

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
ReplyReply

Home Office shoot for Herman Miller.  AD wanted Bright and Airy but with Contrast and Saturation.  Naturally it was overcast for almost the entire shoot.  Sunlight through the windows is all HMI.

More at the blog post...

CB

Hi Chris,

have you ever compared your "sunlight hmi" to something like a broncolor flooter or a profoto cine-kit?
http://www.bron.ch/broncolor/products/light-shapers/showproduct/broncolor-flooter/?cHash=21a5e2c5726fc78f22c5a46ba1262b7c#.UUJUZ6UWGlI
http://www.profoto.com/cine-kits/cine-reflector

I'm always torn between hmi and flash, but end always up with flash or tungsten. Where do you see the advantage of HMI?

Best,
Johannes
Chris Barrett

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2013, 06:28:41 PM »
ReplyReply

On this shoot we had HMI outside coming in the windows, strobe inside for soft fill and tungsten DedoLights for accents.  I love all lighting!  I've been moving towards constant sources, though, since Flash doesn't work so well for movies.  One thing we've done with one of my Jokers is adapted it into an ETC Source 4.  That throws gorgeous, shapeable punchy light with shadows sharper than you could even get from a fresnel.  I once assisted a fashion shooter who adapted Source 4s to Speedo heads as well.
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
ReplyReply

More at the blog post...

CB

Really nice as always Chris.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
JoeKitchen

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »
ReplyReply

More at the blog post...

CB
Great work Chris.  Out of curiosity, did you find the locations or did the AD?

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
"Try not to be just better than your rivals and contemporaries, try to be better than yourself."  William Faulkner
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2013, 01:05:35 PM »
ReplyReply

And yet the floor lamp is on. AD not eco-conscious? Wink

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Chris Barrett

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Dude.  I think that's a little silly.  Lamps look better lit.  We're making photographs not socio-ecologic edicts. If we thought it was really a valid issue I would have removed the lamp and used a different prop rather than have it off.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad