Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 206099 times)
Rob C

« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »
ReplyReply

This, for example, is just one part of a reality in wich we can decide to focus-on, or not. It's not a universal truth.
US has a HUGE problem with obesity. I've never seen so many obese people per meter-square anywhere else and the last time i was it litterally shocked me how bad it incresed to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes soon a US governement strategical concern. It of course has to do with garbage food habits, not to do with richness, with some first world obliged decadence.
Simply look at the japanese. Top developped country, you'd have hard time to find some obese people in the streets.
Genes? No, simply look at what they eat. They don't eat bloody burgers, Coca Cola and donuts, no.
Even the UK fish and ships with vinager is a sweet joke compared to the US industrial food habits.

Sorry, didn't mean fish&ships but fish&chips

Well, I can tell you the Britain is now offically the worst country in Europe for the weight problem, and problem it is, because as they tell us, the Health Service won't be able to cope with the results. And that will affect everybody, regardless of how diet-conscious they may be.

I hate to say it, but Mac and the rest do good business in Spain... the Mac carparks we passed in France always looked pretty busy, but that might be because of the early lunch hours there...

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Rob,

What has that to do with your post? I don't know. It just came to my mind, when I read your post.

AND. Man Ė am I jealous about the images you took in your past. All these beautiful girls on the beach. Which brings me back to the image of the espresso machine. I originally wanted to post: "This is what I see, when I wake up in the morning." (I hope I'm not banned from the forum now.) I think the french would say: "Je me suis rťveillť sous un arbre". Is that right  fredjeang2?

Best,
Johannes

Hi,

Well, Iím perfectly happy that your reply wasnít strictly on topic; most interesting posts I read are not: itís the development of the idea and where it takes one that interests me in this posting business. Itís exactly how it often works for me: someone writes something and that sparks a memory or an attitude, and away I go.

My old images? Make you a bit envious? Shit, I envy myself these days. Where the hell did it all go? I know where it went: political correctness killed it all, the bespoke calendars and the stock side of it too. Itís the universal problem of too many eggs in one basket, to which there is but a single valid solution: find that one, enormous egg and hope for the best! Guess I didnít quite realise the writing on the wall at the time.

;-)

Rob C

MrSmith

« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »
ReplyReply

England is full of obese people, you really notice it when you leave London for the provinces, I'm a 'middle aged'  29in waist 6footer who years ago would be considered 'normal' but now I'm looked at as undernourished (I have a healthy appetite) when I was at school there was 1 'fat kid' now 30% are obese.
Rob C

« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Damn Rob,

Don't you think with all this over positive, joy and sunshine outlook you might be sidestepping reality just a bit?

Ground yourself man.

BC

Hate to tell you: I was not exaggerating at all. My old city has vanished. Perhaps it was just small enough still to be personal; it was certainly very ugly in parts, but there was also a charm, even in the bad weather and smog. There was charm in looking out of the window at the silent snow falling in the glow of the lights across our road; I can remember driving back home in the yellow fog a few times, unable to see anything much at all, but happy to follow the tramlines that took me exactly where I had to go; was a time I could park in Buchanan Street, right in front of my client's House of Fraser flagship store. Then they introduced 'pedestrianisation' and blew the whole city centre away.

There are a lot of empty shops along Sauchiehall Street.

You live in a new country; perhaps there hasn't been time for a sense of decay, of the best being behind it, to accrue. But, I suspect that the 50s were, overall, probably the best the US will see. I hope I'm mistaken.

Rob C

fredjeang2

« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
ReplyReply

England is full of obese people, you really notice it when you leave London for the provinces, I'm a 'middle aged'  29in waist 6footer who years ago would be considered 'normal' but now I'm looked at as undernourished (I have a healthy appetite) when I was at school there was 1 'fat kid' now 30% are obese.

Well, I can tell you the Britain is now offically the worst country in Europe for the weight problem, and problem it is, because as they tell us, the Health Service won't be able to cope with the results. And that will affect everybody, regardless of how diet-conscious they may be.

I hate to say it, but Mac and the rest do good business in Spain... the Mac carparks we passed in France always looked pretty busy, but that might be because of the early lunch hours there...

Rob C

THIS is the cure, beleive me.

and for the ones who really can't deal with japanese food, may this will convince you?

Come-on! eating raw is healphy. Another one for the most recalcitrants.

Now....

AT YOUR OWN RISKS

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:07:39 PM by fredjeang2 » Logged
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2013, 10:40:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Oh dear, how can anyone top Fred's post? Even Rob?

And I've been thinking of writing a new best-selling weight-loss book based on my own experiences: It will be called the Kidney Stone Weight-Loss Program. I have succeeded in losing ten pounds during the last two weeks since the Kidney Stone hit. Maybe I'm ready to try the Japanese diet now...

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rob C

« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2013, 03:47:48 AM »
ReplyReply

As I sometimes suspected, daily bread and silver cutlery are not necessities; I'd be happy to go on a fuller diet and eat with my fingers. Succulent.

Rob C

SecondFocus

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »
ReplyReply

fredjeang2 THANK YOU!

I can finally imagine myself as a food photographer!

and for the ones who really can't deal with japanese food, may this will convince you?

Come-on! eating raw is healphy. Another one for the most recalcitrants.

Now....

AT YOUR OWN RISKS

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Not so fast, my friend!

While the prospect of eating sushi as served in the attached photographs is surely tempting (for a different reason though Wink), it shall be noted that:

Supermarket sushi is much more like typical fast food than you'd think, with a couple of California rolls packing as many calories and twice as much sugar as a Big Mac and French fries from McDonald's.

as per this article.

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
ReplyReply

But I've never seen supermarket sushi that looked at all like Fredjeang2's.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

Codger

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Probably a California Trader Joe's.
Rob C

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Hasn't she got a lovely mouth!

Rob C

fredjeang2

« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2013, 06:19:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Not so fast, my friend!

While the prospect of eating sushi as served in the attached photographs is surely tempting (for a different reason though Wink), it shall be noted that:

as per this article.

Ok Slobodan,
fast-food-shushi are crapp too...

Here is the ultimate diet.

Angry
Rob C

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Kodachrome 64 Pro, Nikon F or F2 Photomic, 3.5/135 Nikkor.

Sand, palm fronds and a mango. But you knew that.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:05:19 PM by Rob C » Logged

SecondFocus

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Yes! My kind of food photography yet again!

When I get back from Budapest in a few weeks, it is a new specialty for me!

Gonna start practicing right now and I should be an expert quickly no matter how much I have to apply myself Smiley

Kodachrome 64 Pro, Nikon F or F2 Photomic, 3.5/135 Nikkor.

Sand, palm fronds and a mango. But you knew that.

;-)

Rob C

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
HarperPhotos

« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Shot some years ago.

Cheers

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2013, 06:44:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Personal message to all the Big Pros:

Since this thread (version 1) first started, this is one that I have always thoroughly enjoyed. Being an amateur myself, I never wanted to put in my two cents when the Pros were discussing things.

But I've decided it's time to give a big Thank You to Simon, Bcooter, Kirk, Chris Barrett, Mr. Smith, and many others who have not only showed amazing stuff over and over again, but have been willing to share so much information about what they do and how they do it.

Perhaps best of all is the fact that while working for clients, you all seem to really enjoy what you are doing and continuously demonstrate imagination, creativity, and all that good stuff.

So again: Thank you all!

Eric M.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

HarperPhotos

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your kind words.

I am very thankful that on the 1st April it will be my 28th anniversary when I went pro. I have and still love my profession and are grateful the there a people out there who what to pay me to take photos.

Having to having a job which I find so enjoyable and the get paid to do it is a blessing.

Ciao

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
FredBGG

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2013, 12:06:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Not so fast, my friend!

as per this article.

Get's even worse..... Sushi may look pretty, but it hides some nasty little secrets...

I prefer cruelty free vegan... my favorit vegan joint makes some delicious sushi inspired goodies.
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2013, 01:40:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Personal message to all the Big Pros:

Since this thread (version 1) first started, this is one that I have always thoroughly enjoyed. Being an amateur myself, I never wanted to put in my two cents when the Pros were discussing things.

But I've decided it's time to give a big Thank You to Simon, Bcooter, Kirk, Chris Barrett, Mr. Smith, and many others who have not only showed amazing stuff over and over again, but have been willing to share so much information about what they do and how they do it.

Perhaps best of all is the fact that while working for clients, you all seem to really enjoy what you are doing and continuously demonstrate imagination, creativity, and all that good stuff.

So again: Thank you all!

Eric M.

Thanks. I still find it hard to believe, 35 years later, that I get to do this for a living. In a very real sense it is both my vocation and my avocation. Personally, I have always thought sharing and or teaching my knowledge is part of paying you dues. This summer I get to add (in Santa Fe) yet a third university I get to teach at and I am stoked as it is a large format b&w film class. Though I have continued to shoot film for my personal work, I haven't taught it in maybe ten years. How sweet is that? I've found that usually (sometimes in surprising and mysterious ways) I get more back than I give.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad