Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 240184 times)
MrSmith

« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2013, 05:35:21 AM »
ReplyReply

I got called a 'big pro'  Grin thanks, raised a smile and made me laugh.
I wouldn't say I have posted many images or  'amazing stuff' but that's becuase the MFonly rules have only been relaxed recently. Roll Eyes

I like looking at other pro's work, but often it's hard not to think about what's outside the crop (lights,production, retouching, pain in the bum clients etc)
Craig Lamson

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2013, 07:28:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks. I still find it hard to believe, 35 years later, that I get to do this for a living.

I think its might be interesting to ask how long everyone has been doing this stuff?

I'm at 32 years.  I too have many times been amazed that I get paid for doing what I love.

Craig Lamson Photo
www.craiglamson.com
Chris Barrett

« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Shooting professionally since I was 26, so 17 years.  12 at HB, 5 at CB.

Damn, is that all??!!
Rob C

« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2013, 09:10:53 AM »
ReplyReply

I think its might be interesting to ask how long everyone has been doing this stuff?
I'm at 32 years.  I too have many times been amazed that I get paid for doing what I love.

Professionally, since 1960; on my own account since 1966.

I don't know if I have retired or am just waiting for the 'phone to ring; maybe it's not connected anymore... one day I'll check it out.

;-)

Rob C

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Well you guys have so much more way to go and to give. Congrats.!
ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I don't know if I have retired or am just waiting for the 'phone to ring; maybe it's not connected anymore... one day I'll check it out.
Rob C
Hello Rob? Rob? Are you there? Please pick up! I want to tell you how much I like your work, but of course I'm too cheap to spend any money on it.  Sad

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Started doing photography in my fathers darkroom in the 6th grade-51 years ago. Got serious with my B&W photography 43 years ago. Started my architectural photography business 35 years ago.......

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Rob C

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello Rob? Rob? Are you there? Please pick up! I want to tell you how much I like your work, but of course I'm too cheap to spend any money on it.  Sad

Eric

Tell you a secret: I never call me either, but then I'm Scottish(ish) so maybe it comes with the territory. Something sure does.

;-)

Rob C

MrSmith

« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »
ReplyReply

quick screen grab of a test. i actually bought this as a gift for a friend but thought i would take a shot of it. (it's not a final, couple of things missing)

gipper51

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Is it alright if a newcomer plays along  Grin

My first post here so I guess I should introduce myself.  Aaron Gipperich located in Belleville, IL near St. Louis.  I'm not a full time pro, part time A&I shooter.  I'm an architect / Revit guy full time for the day job.  I'm mostly a technical person for the 8-5 so my photography is my "creative" side of the business.  I shoot for the firm that employs me and a few other clients.  I've done portrait work in the past but realized a while ago I get along much better with buildings!

For my style, I like to use accent lighting but I keep it simple and natural looking.  I use minimal but carefully selected props and prefer a less-is-more approach to furniture arrangement.  I'm not a fan of ultra wide angles and the 24 TS-E is my favorite interior lens.  I shoot with a 5D2, a 5D, a modest assortment of lenses and a total hodge-podge of lighting gear.  My next investments will be a 35mm shift lens and a Camranger when they finally release the Android version.

A few samples of some recent work in 2013, these four are from a new classroom building at a local community college.  Have not done exteriors yet due to unfinished landscaping:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:36:18 PM by gipper51 » Logged
gipper51

« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Follow up post.  And a few more of a gymnasium from another local college.

gipper51

« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »
ReplyReply

And what the heck, a car dealership for a night shot  Grin
FredBGG

« Reply #212 on: April 04, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice work Gipper.

You will like the Camranger combined with wireless usb. It will let you put your camera backed right up against the walls
giving you significantly more composition options.
gipper51

« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2013, 11:53:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice work Gipper.

You will like the Camranger combined with wireless usb. It will let you put your camera backed right up against the walls
giving you significantly more composition options.

Thanks, Fred.  I'm actually more interested in the Camranger as a time-saver when I'm staging the scene.  Hoping it will save alot of trips back to the camera when I'm making small tweaks to furniture and such.  Assistants are never in my budgets, so I'm hoping this will gain some efficiency.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:56:04 PM by gipper51 » Logged
Aphoto

« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2013, 06:27:09 AM »
ReplyReply

First post, first pictures!

About me: my name is Adrian Schulz, born in Heidelberg, living and working in Berlin, Germany. I received a degree in architecture from TU Berlin in 2007. Early in my studies, I became interested in architectural photography, and so it became the subject of my thesis. Currently Im working as a professional architectural photographer in Germany (and sometimes in the States  Smiley ).

I ordered a Hartblei-Cam recently, so in the future, you might see some medium format pictures from me.

(sorry for any misspelling)

Project 1:

Project 2:

Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com
sam@

« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Adrian

Very nice images on your website..

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the H-Cam once you have worked with that. What back and lenses will you use with it?

Best regards

Sam
Aphoto

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm very pleased to hear that that you like my pictures.
Its going to be the Leaf Aptus II 8 + the two Canon TS-Es (17 & 24II) + Pentax 645 lenses (35mm, 55mm, 75mm) and maybe the Pentax 67 45mm.

Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com
Craig Lamson

« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2013, 10:04:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Fred.  I'm actually more interested in the Camranger as a time-saver when I'm staging the scene.  Hoping it will save alot of trips back to the camera when I'm making small tweaks to furniture and such.  Assistants are never in my budgets, so I'm hoping this will gain some efficiency.

Do you shoot tethered?  If so try Capture Pilot fro C1 Pro.

Craig Lamson Photo
www.craiglamson.com
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2013, 08:20:23 AM »
ReplyReply

From the project, Sit WIth Style.

ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Scott Hargis

« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
ReplyReply

Antonio -- nice, and I'm jealous! I've been wanting to shoot furniture FOREVER. May have stumbled into an opportunity recently, working on a creative proposal this weekend.
I like the last one especially - but the first one seems a little flat, to me.

<a href="http://www.scotthargisphoto.com">Website</a>
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad