Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 186804 times)
FredBGG

« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Fred.  I'm actually more interested in the Camranger as a time-saver when I'm staging the scene.  Hoping it will save alot of trips back to the camera when I'm making small tweaks to furniture and such.  Assistants are never in my budgets, so I'm hoping this will gain some efficiency.

Right that is a huge advantage being able to walk around the room, hall or whatever and carry your live view around with you..
Even with an assistant it's just nice to be able to move things around yourself and contemplate what you are doing rather than
driving your assistant nuts with your tweaks.
FredBGG

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Fred.  I'm actually more interested in the Camranger as a time-saver when I'm staging the scene.  Hoping it will save alot of trips back to the camera when I'm making small tweaks to furniture and such.  Assistants are never in my budgets, so I'm hoping this will gain some efficiency.

Do you shoot tethered?  If so try Capture Pilot fro C1 Pro.

That won't give him what he is looking for. He want's to move around the room and make adjustments to furniture and props having
live view on a tablet wirelessly connected to the camera without using another wifi network or having to set up a PC or MAC that
is hard wired to the camera.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
ReplyReply

That won't give him what he is looking for. He want's to move around the room and make adjustments to furniture and props having
live view on a tablet wirelessly connected to the camera without using another wifi network or having to set up a PC or MAC that
is hard wired to the camera.

Thats why I asked him if he shot tethered....

Craig Lamson Photo
www.craiglamson.com
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Antonio -- nice, and I'm jealous! I've been wanting to shoot furniture FOREVER. May have stumbled into an opportunity recently, working on a creative proposal this weekend.
I like the last one especially - but the first one seems a little flat, to me.

Hello Scott, I'm very lucky to have this client. Nice work and lots of fun.
Next week we're shooting some new sets, I'll fallow your advise.
Thanks.
ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
ReplyReply

If anyone interested.. TIM GRIFFITH: Architectural Photography Building Relationships. April 28 - May 3

http://2013.palmspringsphotofestival.com/connect-2013/workshops/tim-griffith/

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Copper Ring

ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
HarperPhotos

« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

In keep with the furniture theme.

Cheers

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

In keep with the furniture theme.

Cheers

Simon

This is a portrait of a chair Simon.. Good one

ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Mitchell Baum

« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Antonio,

I'm surprised to feel this, but all your chairs seem alive to me.
I'm not sure I'm crazy about the chairs themselves, but the way you lit and photographed them makes them seem like characters in relationship to each other. Well done!!!

Best,

Mitchell
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Antonio,

I'm surprised to feel this, but all your chairs seem alive to me.
I'm not sure I'm crazy about the chairs themselves, but the way you lit and photographed them makes them seem like characters in relationship to each other. Well done!!!

Best,

Mitchell

I know Michael, I like mines very much. Thanks.
ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Chris Barrett

« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »
ReplyReply

Furniture?  Naturally I have to chime in.

A favorite from recent history.  One of the most fun parts of these shoots is arranging the set walls and platforms to add geometry to the composition and then of course lighting everything for depth and a bit of playful mystery.

gipper51

« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2013, 08:46:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Do you shoot tethered?  If so try Capture Pilot fro C1 Pro.

Craig,

No, I have never shot tethered.  As nice as it would be I'm afraid it might be too time consuming lugging the computer & stand around with the rest of the gear.  Hopefully the camranger will give me the best of both worlds.
haefnerphoto

« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
ReplyReply

If anyone interested.. TIM GRIFFITH: Architectural Photography Building Relationships. April 28 - May 3

http://2013.palmspringsphotofestival.com/connect-2013/workshops/tim-griffith/

I highly recommend Tim's workshop.  I took it two years ago and really enjoyed the experience!  Jim

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Furniture?  Naturally I have to chime in.

A favorite from recent history.  One of the most fun parts of these shoots is arranging the set walls and platforms to add geometry to the composition and then of course lighting everything for depth and a bit of playful mystery.

dude!

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Craig Lamson

« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Craig,

No, I have never shot tethered.  As nice as it would be I'm afraid it might be too time consuming lugging the computer & stand around with the rest of the gear.  Hopefully the camranger will give me the best of both worlds.

I simply can't imagine trying to work without the tether, both for composition and file backup. It really akes very little time.  I'm using the ipad as you suggest using the camranger. Best of luck.

Craig Lamson Photo
www.craiglamson.com
Frank Doorhof

« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2013, 03:47:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Today I released the first set in a series I'm doing with sports at http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/2013/04/sport-serie/
All shot with Elinchrom Rangers and Phase One DF camera with the Leaf Credo 60.
Harold Clark

« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2013, 09:03:59 AM »
ReplyReply

I think its might be interesting to ask how long everyone has been doing this stuff?

I'm at 32 years.  I too have many times been amazed that I get paid for doing what I love.

I built a rudimentary darkroom in the root cellar in 1968, when I was 14. We lived near a large air force base in New Brunswick, Canada, which also had a number of US air force personnel stationed there. One of them was a neighbour and kindly lent me his 4x5 speed graphic and 35mm Exacta, as well as a 35mm enlarger.

After three years of photography school, I started in business in 1975 as a photojournalist covering the political scene in Ottawa. I mostly do architecture now, as well as a mix of industrial, corporate and aerial photography.

Here is a recent project shot with a 5D11, 17mm TSE for the interior and 24 TSE for the exterior.

People sometimes ask me when I plan to retire. I tell them I have never had a job, so I can't very well retire!
Ed Foster, Jr.

« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Harold,

Well made images.

Your comment on the Exacta brought back memories of my first left-handed, film-winding, waist level finder camera 1964, and your closing comment echos my sentiments for the past 45 years.

Ed

Ed Foster, Jr.
www.edfoster.net
Harold Clark

« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Harold,

Well made images.

Your comment on the Exacta brought back memories of my first left-handed, film-winding, waist level finder camera 1964, and your closing comment echos my sentiments for the past 45 years.

Ed

Thanks for your comments Ed, I think we photographers are like musicians, writers or others involved in creative pursuits. It is in our DNA, we can't stop.
Doug Peterson

« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Some photos from our IQ2 Pre-Launch Party a couple weeks ago.

Phase One IQ260 Prototype on Phase One DF+ with Schneider 28LS andr 110LS. Profoto Pro-B4 w/ Beauty Dish. Processing: Capture One v7.1.1. Reviewed wirelessly without tethering on an iPad 3.

Images used with permission of the photographers. See watermark and link under the image.

Photo by Doug Peterson

Photo by Luke Potter

Photo by Alessandro Casagli

Photo by Brian Hirschfeld

We will be hosting another round Phase One IQ2 events coming up in April and May in Washingon DC, Colorado, New York, and Texas.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:31:52 AM by Doug Peterson » Logged

DOUG PETERSON (dep@digitaltransitions.com), Digital Transitions
Dealer for Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Profoto
Office: 877.367.8537
Cell: 740.707.2183
Phase One IQ250 FAQ
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad