Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 228365 times)
bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #680 on: September 13, 2013, 06:47:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Two of my favorite.

Same talent, left during makeup, right after.

Left, a trillion iso, right much less.

Both p30+, contax

BC

SeanBK

« Reply #681 on: September 13, 2013, 07:43:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Now I remember why I missed the grain. Really love the left one & the Rt one not shabby either, it has those "Blurred Lines" Wink.
Bravo. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:54:42 AM by SeanBK » Logged
Rob C

« Reply #682 on: September 13, 2013, 08:19:42 AM »
ReplyReply

As ever, très jolie!

So's this:

http://youtu.be/9DkcQ09h2Vo

Wish the bars I get to had music like this instead of never-ending friggin' news and cooking programmes on tv.

She reminds me of Christie Turlington; it's the mouth.

Lucky guy, and the harder you work the more lucky you get...

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:24:29 AM by Rob C » Logged

bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2013, 03:09:20 PM »
ReplyReply

As ever, très jolie!

So's this:

http://youtu.be/9DkcQ09h2Vo

Thanks Rob,

Dwight's cool, not from Texas though, raised in Ohio, but you can't hold that against him.

Saw him at some save the chipmunks, or something benefit at the Santa Monica hangers.  I don't think he wanted to be there
any more than I did.

He came out, his hat down to his nose so if it weren't for him singing you wouldn't know it was him.

Did three songs, said thank you and left.

I think one was this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWgd5UPmjqs

IMO

BC

Martin Ranger

« Reply #684 on: September 13, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Two of my favorite.

Both p30+, contax

BC

Love the grainy feel. Smooth high ISO performance is one of the most overrated things.

Martin Ranger
Seattle, WA

www.martinrangerimages.com
bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #685 on: September 14, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob,

This place plays the music you'd like.

it's called Lee Harvey's in Dallas.  Yea I know, it's not politically correct, but hey, the burgers are good, the music is rockin', the girls are pretty.

Problem is from where you live it would be kind of a long walk home.

BC

Rob C

« Reply #686 on: September 14, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob,

This place plays the music you'd like.

it's called Lee Harvey's in Dallas.  Yea I know, it's not politically correct, but hey, the burgers are good, the music is rockin', the girls are pretty.

Problem is from where you live it would be kind of a long walk home.

BC

Long walk home: sounds like a movie... maybe I could find that wonderful ’59 Coupe de Ville and drive it home across the Pond? Probably cost me more than I’ve got -  but there’s a couple of car collector guys here might buy it off me if I go broke. Oh well, nice idea.

I think about getting away from here every second week or so, but the house market has collapsed along with everything else, so I couldn’t sell to save my life. Thing is, to be any the better off from the move, I’d have to live in a London, Paris or Rome, and that’s more painful than buying the Cadillac! Oh the price of having cameras that love women…

Regarding your bar – isn’t that a bit of a dangerous name in Texas? Or is there a swathe of political intrigue of which non-Texans have no idea? Don’t answer that - someone may come to visit you wearing twin Colts slung low.

Thanks for posting that shot – always enjoy seeing it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2qo1x9rcCc&feature=share&list=RD029DkcQ09h2Vo

Maybe these girls might come to Mallorca on holiday…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcGkzXmPjY&feature=share&list=RD029DkcQ09h2Vo

Touch of Federico Fellini?

;-)

Rob C

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:08:04 AM by Rob C » Logged

bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #687 on: September 14, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
ReplyReply

Regarding your bar – isn’t that a bit of a dangerous name in Texas? Or is there a swathe of political intrigue of which non-Texans have no idea? Don’t answer that - someone may come to visit you wearing twin Colts slung low.

Naw.  Dallas, regardless of perception would much rather be picked up and moved to the east cost.   Dallas is corporate money, Bentleys and Armani, the 25 year olds eat fusion and are foodies, well most of them.

There's still some Texas left in the area, if you go to Ft. Worth, but most of that is for tourists that still think we all ride horse and shoot on sight.

The name of this bar sounds politically incorrect, but for a long, long time Dallas lived under the stigma of that awful day and I think just grew tired of it

I've never heard a Dallasite mention it, but the national and international news mentions that time as if it were yesterday.

Anyway, the patrons of this bar just wanna have fun, sit out in the gravel lot, listen to music, get a little loaded, go home with a boy/girl and not worry about life.

To them the name Lee Harvey has about as much impact as saying John Wilkes Booth.  Both tragic, both way in the past.

But no you won't get shot with a gun.  There is more guns per capita in LA than Dallas, though perception and reality are way different animals.

Actually the most liberal county in American is the most caucasian centric, Marin County, North of San Francisco.  Dallas proper has more percentage of ethnic's groups than most American Cities, so  . . .

Once again, perception and reality.

Love this shot, love this model.  Kathryn is not anorexic, or afraid to eat a meal, she's just a good hard working damn pretty woman.

Not Retouched.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:05:36 PM by bcooter » Logged

JoeKitchen

« Reply #688 on: September 14, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Great office shoot today.  They even thought ahead and installed windows that were already gelled 3 stops downs.   Cheesy

Single capture, 9 tungsten lights.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:14:21 PM by JoeKitchen » Logged

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
"Try not to be just better than your rivals and contemporaries, try to be better than yourself."  William Faulkner
Rob C

« Reply #689 on: September 15, 2013, 03:49:29 AM »
ReplyReply

The name of this bar sounds politically incorrect, but for a long, long time Dallas lived under the stigma of that awful day and I think just grew tired of it

1.  I've never heard a Dallasite mention it, but the national and international news mentions that time as if it were yesterday.

Once again, perception and reality.

2.  Love this shot, love this model.  Kathryn is not anorexic, or afraid to eat a meal, she's just a good hard working damn pretty woman.

Not Retouched.

IMO

BC

Hi, BC

1.  Some things are not allowed to pass. JFK and 9/11 are both in that category that the media has decided to immortalise for the quick, emotional jerk that becomes so useful when there’s a need to stir reaction to something. Both have become so entrenched in the ‘I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the news…’ category of incident. It’s been much the same with Elvis, too, and in his case I do, because my daughter was a staunch fan and cried herself to sleep that night. We heard the news over Radio Scotland, a soon-to-be-crushed breath-of-freedom pirate station at the time…

2.  Your Kate has exactly the sort of facial features that I think are so attractive to shoot. In some ways it’s not beauty at all, but put together as the package, it’s an amazingly sexy bundle that illustrates the wonders of the holistic approach to glamour and beauty. She floored me the first time you published her here.

Were the clothes put together for a fashion shoot, or were they styled to illustrate some non-fashion advertising feature that was just using the style/location to make a selling point?

It was always my choice to opt for locations when I could rather than studio; that damned white roll was a passion killer most days.

Lovely stuff you do. Keep your motor running.

Rob C

SeanBK

« Reply #690 on: September 15, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Damn, Now I can't get it out of my head. The problem is I don't know which one comes first the image of Kathryn by James or as suggested by Rob > Dwight Yokum's " Inside The Pocket of a Clown".  Smiley
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #691 on: September 15, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
ReplyReply

As i know many people here I am posting this here. I posted it in the Coffee Shop and got no traction. So I think many people who are familiar with my work never saw it

THis is probably my favorite interview of all the ones I have ever participated in-this with my old friend and collaborator VB Price. You might enjoy this. It went live last week. A tough subject to talk about publically. It is long (42 minutes) but I have been told by many people that it seems much shorter and they wished there were more actually.

http://newmexicomercury.com/blog/comments/insight_new_mexico_kirk_gittings

Thanks all.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
SecondFocus

« Reply #692 on: September 15, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Outstanding! And the photograph on the right, so very fun!

Two of my favorite.

Both p30+, contax

BC

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
Chris Barrett

« Reply #693 on: September 16, 2013, 05:50:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Kirk, really enjoyed that.  It's always great to hear where people are coming from in their work.
SeanBK

« Reply #694 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Kirk,
  I enjoyed your 'Insight'. Love your image & the backstory @ lightning. Impressed w/your background, Rt 66 story & spiritual efex @ church photos.. Seems like you have mastered the art of B&W landscape photography. U should post them here.
 Thank you for sharing, muchas gracias Kirk.
 Sean
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #695 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks guys I'm happy to share this. It is a difficult topic to talk about and I am pleased it resonates with fellow photographers. This is one facet of a very diverse career which includes commercial work and teaching photo. This diversity has helped a lot in the recession, but is very demanding at times when all facets are rolling like now. I'm 63 and the busiest I have been in 40 years (though not the most profitable!). I need to clone myself to do justice to it all.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:40:25 PM by Kirk Gittings » Logged

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Rob C

« Reply #696 on: September 16, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks guys I'm happy to share this. It is a difficult topic to talk about and I am pleased it resonates with fellow photographers. This is one facet of a very diverse career which includes commercial work and teaching photo. This diversity has helped a lot in the recession, but is very demanding at times when all facets are rolling like now. I'm 63 and the busiest I have been in 40 years (though not the most profitable!). I need to clone myself to do justice to it all.

Kirk,

Just watched the video - enjoyed it a lot, with one caveat: the interviewer was very difficult for me to understand. I know my hearing isn't that hot anymore; I got everything you were saying but only a tiny fraction of his input, which made me do a lot of guessing... not always my best or most accurate quality.

That idea about the sense of place isn't limited to ancient sites; I've experienced very negative vibes from relatively modern houses too, and neither does it always hit different people in the same way.

There's a little beach zone in Cyprus called Aphrodite's Birthplace. We went there to shoot part of a calendar, and before we drove down to the shale, my wife became very agitated and demanded to be let out of the car. She did walk down to the place we were going to shoot in - I'd been there before on other trips without her - and it was strange: I always used to alternate two Nikons just in case of failures, and despite doing that, I still managed to get myself two rolls of Kodachrome that were blank. The rest of the job, shot on the same cameras later on, was perfectly normal. Our model was sitting in the shale, just a couple of feet out, and she had a helluva time getting back out of it - it simply gave way under her every step. Yet, I felt no threat at all, and my wife had never been one of those hysterical sorts of people, before or after.

Very good friends of ours bought a lovely house in the valley that goes from the Pollensa road to Cala San Vicente here on Mallorca; before they moved in, the buyer's wife, my wife and I had a look. Neither of us were happy. It turned out that the buyer's daughter had also felt unhappy in it. Eventually, we discovered that the previous owners returned to Scotland where the wife took herself out; neither of the couple who bought - our friends - lived very long after they moved in. Some places are just wrong. So yes, apart from those two incidents, there are places on a much larger scale that have a presence for me, but I generally find them to be malevolent: mountains; some forests in France. The only place that really thrilled us was the present property I still have. We saw it originally as a shell, but it was built with a larger verandah than the rest of the properties in the development and the developer wanted more for it than we were happy to spend. We settled for another property next door. We returned to Scotland, and then he rang to offer us the original one we’d desired so much at the same cost as the cheaper one we had accepted but now couldn’t have: turned out he’d wrongly thought the buyers for it had cancelled when he’d offered it to us…

We spent the best years of our lives together here. Now, without her, it has lost everything, pretty much, and with the person has gone the attraction of the bricks and mortar. For some odd reason, I've just smelled a whiff of oranges. I don't have any. Time for bed, methinks.

Oh - your pony is thicker than mine. Damn!    

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:04:44 AM by Rob C » Logged

HarperPhotos

« Reply #697 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Here’s one from awhile back.

Mamiya RZ and Leaf Aptus 75

Cheers

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
Rob C

« Reply #698 on: September 17, 2013, 08:27:27 AM »
ReplyReply

A little more Kodachrome 64 Pro... in Nikon F or F2.

Rob C

Strange; yes, it's been slightly blurred on purpose and grained, but for some reason the whole image, including the copy (mainly on the right), is now extra-blurred too, where it isn't on the file I transmitted to LuLa.

;-(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:11:58 AM by Rob C » Logged

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Kirk,

Just watched the video - enjoyed it a lot, with one caveat: the interviewer was very difficult for me to understand. I know my hearing isn't that hot anymore; I got everything you were saying but only a tiny fraction of his input, which made me do a lot of guessing... not always my best or most accurate quality.

That idea about the sense of place isn't limited to ancient sites; I've experienced very negative vibes from relatively modern houses too, and neither does it always hit different people in the same way.

There's a little beach zone in Cyprus called Aphrodite's Birthplace. We went there to shoot part of a calendar, and before we drove down to the shale, my wife became very agitated and demanded to be let out of the car. She did walk down to the place we were going to shoot in - I'd been there before on other trips without her - and it was strange: I always used to alternate two Nikons just in case of failures, and despite doing that, I still managed to get myself two rolls of Kodachrome that were blank. The rest of the job, shot on the same cameras later on, was perfectly normal. Our model was sitting in the shale, just a couple of feet out, and she had a helluva time getting back out of it - it simply gave way under her every step. Yet, I felt no threat at all, and my wife had never been one of those hysterical sorts of people, before or after.

Very good friends of ours bought a lovely house in the valley that goes from the Pollensa road to Cala San Vicente here on Mallorca; before they moved in, the buyer's wife, my wife and I had a look. Neither of us were happy. It turned out that the buyer's daughter had also felt unhappy in it. Eventually, we discovered that the previous owners returned to Scotland where the wife took herself out; neither of the couple who bought - our friends - lived very long after they moved in. Some places are just wrong. So yes, apart from those two incidents, there are places on a much larger scale that have a presence for me, but I generally find them to be malevolent: mountains; some forests in France. The only place that really thrilled us was the present property I still have. We saw it originally as a shell, but it was built with a larger verandah than the rest of the properties in the development and the developer wanted more for it than we were happy to spend. We settled for another property next door. We returned to Scotland, and then he rang to offer us the original one we’d desired so much at the same cost as the cheaper one we had accepted but now couldn’t have: turned out he’d wrongly thought the buyers for it had cancelled when he’d offered it to us…

We spent the best years of our lives together here. Now, without her, it has lost everything, pretty much, and with the person has gone the attraction of the bricks and mortar. For some odd reason, I've just smelled a whiff of oranges. I don't have any. Time for bed, methinks.

Oh - your pony is thicker than mine. Damn!    

;-)

Rob C

Yes there are issues with his audio quality. These videos are done on a shoestring and i'm surprised they are as good as they are. It is a labor of love for them. And yes I have a ponytail Smiley I never figured out anything else to do with my unruly hair since the 60's.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 79 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad