Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 208178 times)
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #740 on: September 23, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Antonio,

This series of images are lovely. There has definitely been a lot of preparation in making these images and the lighting is beautifully.

Cheers

Simon

Thank you Simon.!

ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
alatreille

« Reply #741 on: September 23, 2013, 09:56:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Yeah, the last house we shot, we were actually able to get permits to post no parking all in front for a week.

BRILLIANT (did you see those Sydney 2000 Guinness ads?)......not sure the city of Vancouver would go for that.....

Chris, did you get hit up for a pretty fortune for a weeks worth of no-parking?

Latreille Delage Photography
http://www.ldphoto.ca
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #742 on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »
ReplyReply

Saylor Gregg, great firm.  I have been trying to get in front of them for a while.  However, for local shoots they are very loyal to Tom Crane, a local Philly photography legend (been in the biz for over 40 years and started off with Ezra Stoller). 

Funny thing is that I really want to travel for projects, like Tim Griffith, and see the world.  But looking at those images you took and knowing that a native South-Westerner captured them, it makes me wonder is someone not native to the Southwest could capture the essence as well as you did.  Kind of makes it a hard sell to convince clients to send you to exotic locations.  I wonder, do I see city architecture differently because I live in Center City Philadelphia and am I better at photographing it? 

Anyway, great job on Sante Fe, Kirk. 
Well that's a great question. In the "old" days there were a handful of good architectural photographers so the one that were top tier got to travel extensively. I was fortunate to get my share of that. But frankly for me personally I prefer working closer to home-somewhere I can drive to. I had so many terrible experiences with airlines that I soured on traveling by air for commercial shoots. Toooooo much stress. I love to travel! But not for work unless I can drive. I love to drive and even at 63 don't hesitate to jump in the truck and drive to a shoot 12-16 hours away.

The fact is that there are more good architectural photographers than there used to be. That makes it easier for clients to find good people on location in distant areas. I think because of the internet tech info is easier to come by. You used to have to apprentice or just learn the hard way by making every mistake possible (what I did-there was no one to apprentice with).

I do think there is a  regional "sensibility" to regional forms of architecture. It comes from experience with the regional light, contrast, color, skies, weather, materials, hassles etc.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
HarperPhotos

« Reply #743 on: September 24, 2013, 01:33:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Honda interior.

Nikon D800E, Nikon 24mm PC-E lens and 12,000 watts of Bowens flash at full power. I love the cracking sound of Bowens generators going off at full power it sounds like a bullwhip.

Cheers

Simon
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:21:06 AM by HarperPhotos » Logged

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
kikashi

« Reply #744 on: September 24, 2013, 02:42:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Nikon D800E, Nikon 24mm PC-E lens and 12,000 watts of Bowens flash at full power. I love the cracking sound of Bowens generators going off at full power it sounds like a bull wipe.

Lovely - and the steering wheel's on the correct side! Forgive my ignorance, but what is a bull wipe?

Jeremy
HarperPhotos

« Reply #745 on: September 24, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Thanks.

Whoops spelling mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullwhip

Cheers

Simon

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
Rob C

« Reply #746 on: September 24, 2013, 03:49:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Lovely - and the steering wheel's on the correct side! Forgive my ignorance, but what is a bull wipe?

Jeremy

A veterinary version of tissue la Kleenex.

It was originally developed to deal with the results of cat flu.

Rob C

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #747 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Jeremy

Simon, I guess this takes many hours to set up, I've never done cars but seen colleagues doing it and is a lot of work.
Nice post too.
ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #748 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48:07 AM »
ReplyReply

A veterinary version of tissue la Kleenex.

It was originally developed to deal with the results of cat flu.

Rob C

Yours is a lot funnier than what I was working on. Made my morning!

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Rob C

« Reply #749 on: September 24, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Yours is a lot funnier than what I was working on. Made my morning!

We live to serve!

Thanks -

;-)

Rob C

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #750 on: September 25, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Twin Arrows, AZ 2013. This image is from my long running project on Route 66. It is currently showing in Santa Fe at the Marion Center for Photographic Arts "In/Visible Borders" exhibit and shortly will also be in the Albuquerque Museums "Miniatures" show where it will be for sale also.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #751 on: September 25, 2013, 07:07:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Twin Arrows, AZ 2013. This image is from my long running project on Route 66. It is currently showing in Santa Fe at the Marion Center for Photographic Arts "In/Visible Borders" exhibit and shortly will also be in the Albuquerque Museums "Miniatures" show where it will be for sale also.

Amazing!

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
kikashi

« Reply #752 on: September 26, 2013, 03:21:21 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm never sure, when I ask questions like that, if I'm going to be revealing my own cultural ignorance  Wink

Shame, really. I like Rob's idea.

Jeremy
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #753 on: September 26, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Antonio. I would have shot this with film if I had had it with me, but such was not the case. As it were it is a 3x stitch with a Canon 45 T/S.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #754 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Of course, the micro contrast and atmospheric mood you would get with film is different, mostly in landscapes.
But still my preferences for the ease of digital.

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Scott Hargis

« Reply #755 on: September 26, 2013, 01:08:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Antonio. I would have shot this with film if I had had it with me, but such was not the case. As it were it is a 3x stitch with a Canon 45 T/S.

Kirk, what are your thoughts regarding that  lens? When I tried it out I was disappointed: softness (especially when shifted), CA, barrel distortion. So I never bought one, and limped along with "regular" 50mm lenses and/or cropped down from my 24TS. Recently I bought the Schneider 50TS -- I posted a few examples from it on the "Cameras & Lenses" thread here.

<a href="http://www.scotthargisphoto.com">Website</a>
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #756 on: September 26, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Scott, Its a great lens when you are doing 3x stitch for an 11x14 print Wink.........need I say more?

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #757 on: September 26, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Of course, the micro contrast and atmospheric mood you would get with film is different, mostly in landscapes.
But still my preferences for the ease of digital.
For b&w I actually don't find digital any easier. Convenient yes on the capture side, but more work in post to get the tones I want.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Scott Hargis

« Reply #758 on: September 26, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Actually, here's a couple with the Schneider Super Angulon 50mm that I was going to post here anyway...

I made the kitchen shot in a big hurry during a lunch break (because my client was utterly disinterested in it but I wanted it). Now he's licensing it....heh. Cool

I also made a 4x5 film version of that, on Ektar 100 but I'm not holding out much hope for it as I was really rushed at the time. I just don't shoot with that camera enough to be truly proficient with it.

Scott Hargis

« Reply #759 on: September 26, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
ReplyReply

Scott, Its a great lens when you are doing 3x stitch for an 11x14 print Wink.........need I say more?

I guess I was asking more in terms of interiors...I know you wouldn't have the lens if you didn't think it worked, but are you seeing any of the issues that I mentioned? I think the Canon 24 is really the gold standard for me and I tend to hold other lenses to that, which is kind of unrealistic, I suppose.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad