Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 83 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 275953 times)
TMARK

« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
ReplyReply

No one's mentioned it yet, so I will -- this shot is gorgeously done. Nice composition, lighting and retouching. Great work.

All of that AND the Chemex is the bomb.
TMARK

« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
ReplyReply

In re Russel and Rutherford's picture: Not to be a fuddy duddy, Michael Ezra's photos truly enter the realm of fine art. To me, this picture of the sultry woman looks well ... slutty. I've seen this type of picture ten million times in one form or another. The execution is fine. ... Not to be harsh, but I just don't get it, and I'm not trying to be mean-spirited.

I like them both. They don't lend themselves to comparison, really. 
BobDavid

« Reply #802 on: October 04, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Gosh!

Having spent a great deal of time during my formative years as an art student viewing the classical Greek statuary I still see it as a celebration of life and the personification of human sexuality and form.

Conversely…

Thankfully it is the differences between us that make for an interesting life.

You are spot on about Greek sculpture. The intent of sculptors in ancient Greece was to chip away at stone to apotheosize the human form. Well, those statues are idealized interpretations. Ezra's photos are about possibilities rather than dreams.
haefnerphoto

« Reply #803 on: October 04, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you  Smiley

I've got some more:

Adrian, You captured this building beautifully!  It's a spectacular structure and I think your approach is perfect!  Jim

MichaelEzra

« Reply #804 on: October 04, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »
ReplyReply

I got trapped in photography, still sketching the sculptures I hope some day to really create.
I can't live without my BW "girls" but James' always make my day when I see them:)
Our works have similar yet very different purposes.
In the end it is all about witnessing the originals, all that we show are just copies:)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:59:35 PM by MichaelEzra » Logged

MichaelEzra

« Reply #805 on: October 04, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Michael,
Do you store your paper on the wall or off?  I tend to get 'dimples' if I keep my background paper up on the wall. I think it sags slightly in the middle and when it unrolls the dimples appear. Rolls which I store off the wall, rolled up in their boxes standing vertically don't seem to have this problem.
Cheers
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I store paper within the plastic bag in their boxes yet still the same problem. I remember the first days in the studio when I was just stapling the paper to the wall under the ceiling:) Don't recall that I paid attention to the "dimples" then... more to the RZ, counting the frames and the model:) I may try the vinul on PhotoExpo, see if that works better.

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #806 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you  Smiley

I've got some more:

Really nice.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Professional

« Reply #807 on: October 05, 2013, 12:32:43 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree about those architectural shots, very nice, i like them, i wish to see some buildings that interesting to shoot.
Hulyss

« Reply #808 on: October 05, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree about those architectural shots, very nice, i like them, i wish to see some buildings that interesting to shoot.

Dito ... very well executed work !

Kind Regards - www.hulyssbowman.com
MichaelEzra

« Reply #809 on: October 05, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »
ReplyReply

a chemex coffee brewer for a mag cover all about coffee
I love the colors:)

Here is one (or two) more from the same session:

ErikKaffehr

« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
ReplyReply

For my part, I don't know if I like Michaels work, but I am quite impressed by it. It's great work!

Best regards
Erik

Greek sculpture has fascinated artists, historians, and regular folks for millinia. I think Ezra's work certainly exhibits a classical aesthetic. But, I've yet to encounter a Greek sculpture able to capture the female form as Ezra does. His models are real. The synergy between all of the elements--artist, model, space, and moment in time fit together in a manner that is truly sublime,rare. My guess is that he has spent years cultivating his skill. And his images are mysterious. His models have obviously been on a journey exploring the limits of body and mind. There is a certain contemplative/mediative aspect of his work that satisfies.

The picture of the girl in the bar is not a bad picture, nor is it a great one. It is not mysterious or subtle. It's a one-liner. And it's common. I see a lot of work like that in portfolios from enthusiast photographers that are workshop junkies. Michael's work is not like that. I cannot even imagine how beautiful one of his images would look as an artisan print. I see silver, not grey.

BobDavid

« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »
ReplyReply

I love the 2 for 1, Michael. Keep 'em rolling.
JoeKitchen

« Reply #812 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Shoot this last week.  P45+, single capture, and then pushed the hell out of it in post.   Wink

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
“Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”  William Faulkner
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #813 on: October 06, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Joe, I would have waited longer till when the interior spaces started to glow (not just the light sources).

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
wolfnowl

« Reply #814 on: October 06, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Greek sculpture has fascinated artists, historians, and regular folks for millenia. I think Ezra's work certainly exhibits a classical aesthetic. But, I've yet to encounter a Greek sculpture able to capture the female form as Ezra does. His models are real. The synergy between all of the elements--artist, model, space, and moment in time fit together in a manner that is truly sublime,rare. My guess is that he has spent years cultivating his skill. And his images are mysterious. His models have obviously been on a journey exploring the limits of body and mind. There is a certain contemplative/meditative aspect of his work that satisfies.

<snip>I cannot even imagine how beautiful one of his images would look as an artisan print. I see silver, not grey.

What he said, me too!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
haefnerphoto

« Reply #815 on: October 06, 2013, 08:32:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Joe, I would have waited longer till when the interior spaces started to glow (not just the light sources).

Joe, I agree with Kirk.  Your shot would have been the base capture for my approach to a backlit dusk shot.  I leave the camera in place from before sunset until it's completely dark.  I then run the inside light bracket thru Photomatix to even out the light sources and drop the file on the base shot as a lighten or screen blend.  Quite often the exterior lighting also will come into play making a more impactful image.  Jim

JoeKitchen

« Reply #816 on: October 06, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »
ReplyReply

I am not sure how I feel about having that happen, seeing more of the inside; you have to give me a few days to disconnect from this version before coming to a conclusion on that.  However, if this was the main shot, I probably would have waited longer.  The main shot was the interior, which I had to run inside after this and set up (not through post yet), and the backside (see below).  They were much more important than this image, which was a novelty to myself and the architect.  

With that shot (the one above), I was more impressed with how hard I could push the file and still get a very usable image.  I have tried and failed several times with my Canon gear to shoot a similar image with the sun behind the building while still being able to pull out the details in the shadows.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:42:15 PM by JoeKitchen » Logged

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
“Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”  William Faulkner
haefnerphoto

« Reply #817 on: October 06, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Joe, Try experimenting with Photomatix, the extended range that is possible thru their exposure fusion mode is a tremendous asset to an architectural photographer.  Jim

BobDavid

« Reply #818 on: October 08, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Standard Poodle against a grey seamless background.
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #819 on: October 08, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice one, Bob, but I still prefer Michael Ezra's levitating nudes against a grey seamless background.  Wink

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 83 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad