Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 73 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 186435 times)
Aphoto

« Reply #1100 on: January 16, 2014, 01:59:00 AM »
ReplyReply

quick grab of a chair... available light.

Oh, I really like this one!

(except for one little detail, see attachment)

Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com
Chris Barrett

« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2014, 05:19:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Took the A7r out on this shoot too and it performed impressively.  This was with the Leica-R 70-180 2.8, a stellar piece of glass.

Full Size for the pixel peepers
haefnerphoto

« Reply #1102 on: January 17, 2014, 05:42:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Chris, Are you able to tether the camera and process in C1?  Jim

Dean Elliott

« Reply #1103 on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
ReplyReply

I havent ever posted here but thought i may as well jump in with a pic. The jewelry images I do are heavily worked but the quality of the file is still due to the Beginnings. Sinar P3 54H and Bron lighting. this particular client has a product that needs a lot of attention. Have a look at my site for more. http://www.deanelliott.co.za/
Manoli

« Reply #1104 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Chris, Are you able to tether the camera and process in C1?  Jim

JIm,
Apologies for butting in, but as there has been some ambiguity on other threads plus I've just been testing the A7r, today - thought I'd quickly comment.

(1) Both C1 and Lightroom offer file support but not tethering.

(2) You can tether with the SONY Remote Camera Control App. It downloads both RAW & JPEG's (or both) to a folder of your choice. It's fast - I tried it on FF RAW's - and In addition to the usual controls, you can, via the app,  control and set:
-Drive modes (both single and continuous) , exposure bracketing,  self timer, interval and host of others which I've now forgotten.
-WB (and) WB bracketing.
-DRO / HDR
-Colour Temp
-Colour Filters
-Picture Effects (the built-in ones, if you use them)

(3) You can also apparently tether with a program by DNA software.  http://dslrsoftware.com/tethered_shoot_lr5_a7_macosx.php . Allegedly this also works with their iPad remote viewer.  I haven't yet had time to try these out. Frankly the remote Camera Control works so well that I doubt I'll bother.  Just set a 'hot' folder in either Lightroom or C1.

(4) The SONY 'multi' socket may be multi, but is in fact a USB MICRO socket. I've connected the camera with a bog standard USB micro cable (in fact a 20ft one) - and it connects/tethers with no problems.  (Though it didn't mind being connected to either the mac or one of my hubs,  it didn't work when I used a USB socket on the back of a Cinema Display).

I didn't expect it to work so well. It was rock solid. Impressive.

All best
M

** Edit:
When using “Remote Camera Control,” the following ops  are available via computer.
- Changing this product’s settings and shooting.
- Recording images directly to the computer.
- Performing interval timer shooting.
NB :  MENU → (Setup)(p4) → [USB Connection] → [PC Remote].
[p360]
https://docs.sony.com/release/ILCE-7_7R_guide_EN.pdf

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:23:25 AM by Manoli » Logged
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #1105 on: January 17, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Took the A7r out on this shoot too and it performed impressively.  This was with the Leica-R 70-180 2.8, a stellar piece of glass.

Nice Chris as always. I'm back in Chicago this summer-hope to meet up with you.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
David Eichler

« Reply #1106 on: January 17, 2014, 04:31:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Great job. Really like the high-key look.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:12:15 PM by David Eichler » Logged

haefnerphoto

« Reply #1107 on: January 17, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »
ReplyReply

JIm,
Apologies for butting in, but as there has been some ambiguity on other threads plus I've just been testing the A7r, today - thought I'd quickly comment.

(1) Both C1 and Lightroom offer file support but not tethering.

(2) You can tether with the SONY Remote Camera Control App. It downloads both RAW & JPEG's (or both) to a folder of your choice. It's fast - I tried it on FF RAW's - and In addition to the usual controls, you can, via the app,  control and set:
-Drive modes (both single and continuous) , exposure bracketing,  self timer, interval and host of others which I've now forgotten.
-WB (and) WB bracketing.
-DRO / HDR
-Colour Temp
-Colour Filters
-Picture Effects (the built-in ones, if you use them)

(3) You can also apparently tether with a program by DNA software.  http://dslrsoftware.com/tethered_shoot_lr5_a7_macosx.php . Allegedly this also works with their iPad remote viewer.  I haven't yet had time to try these out. Frankly the remote Camera Control works so well that I doubt I'll bother.  Just set a 'hot' folder in either Lightroom or C1.

(4) The SONY 'multi' socket may be multi, but is in fact a USB MICRO socket. I've connected the camera with a bog standard USB micro cable (in fact a 20ft one) - and it connects/tethers with no problems.  (Though it didn't mind being connected to either the mac or one of my hubs,  it didn't work when I used a USB socket on the back of a Cinema Display).

I didn't expect it to work so well. It was rock solid. Impressive.

All best
M

Manoli, I appreciate your response!  Sounds like it works well, perhaps I'll have to try one out.  Thanks, Jim

JWGeiger

« Reply #1108 on: January 17, 2014, 08:36:16 PM »
ReplyReply

I don't normally do this type of work, but had a reason to and I'm glad I did. It was a blast to do.

Mamiya 645DF : Leaf Aptus II - 12 : 80mm f/2.8 LS D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:04:30 PM by JWGeiger » Logged

GeigerFoto     |     Workbook     |     TheMeatMarket
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1109 on: January 17, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »
ReplyReply

I havent ever posted here but thought i may as well jump in with a pic. The jewelry images I do are heavily worked but the quality of the file is still due to the Beginnings. Sinar P3 54H and Bron lighting. this particular client has a product that needs a lot of attention. Have a look at my site for more. http://www.deanelliott.co.za/

Very nice Dean. Clean work.
When you say Bron, does that mean you lit these with standard heads, or perhaps Box?

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
eronald

« Reply #1110 on: January 17, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »
ReplyReply

I don't normally do this type of work, but had a resin to and I'm glad I did. It was a blast to do.

Neat! Details?

Edmund

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1111 on: January 17, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »
ReplyReply

I don't normally do this type of work, but had a reason to and I'm glad I did. It was a blast to do.

Cool looking shot !

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Dean Elliott

« Reply #1112 on: January 18, 2014, 02:04:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Very nice Dean. Clean work.
When you say Bron, does that mean you lit these with standard heads, or perhaps Box?

Thanks Phil Indeblanc, I lit it with Broncolor lighting, using mainly standard dishes and honeycomb grids. But not directly onto the subject. I use a bunch of diffuser paper around the setup to eliminate too much specular highlight and blowing out of the whites in the image. The lights are positioned around the setup, moved in closer and distanced to create the right gradient of light seen in the ring shanks.

I hope this answers the question. I don't use just soft boxes as it is not enough control for me.
David Eichler

« Reply #1113 on: January 18, 2014, 03:01:39 AM »
ReplyReply

One of my images currently in the "In/Visible Borders" Exhibit in Santa Fe. The City of Santa Fe Arts Commission’s Community Gallery.  An abandoned Curio Shop along Rt. 66 in AZ. Curated by Mary Anne Redding. It is up through February 21.

Quite dramatic. I miss New Mexico.

skimasks

« Reply #1114 on: January 19, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Cool splash! You should let us know if it gets sold on ImageBrief.

Yelhsa

« Reply #1115 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:46 AM »
ReplyReply

One from last weeks shoot...

.. in the restaurant at the Ice House hotel, in the west coast Irish town of Ballina.

MrSmith

« Reply #1116 on: January 21, 2014, 06:53:24 AM »
ReplyReply

an outtake from a recent shoot at a building research/testing facility. it's not a pretty picture but i like it. Smiley

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1117 on: January 21, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »
ReplyReply

an outtake from a recent shoot at a building research/testing facility. it's not a pretty picture but i like it. Smiley

That is wild! I love it!

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rob C

« Reply #1118 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
ReplyReply

One from last weeks shoot...

.. in the restaurant at the Ice House hotel, in the west coast Irish town of Ballina.

So they feed ghosts too? Nice shot.

;-)

Rob C

Yelhsa

« Reply #1119 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
ReplyReply

So they feed ghosts too?
Yes - but they refused to appear, so that's the last time I'll be asking them to model again Smiley

Actually I did notice that too - afterwards of course - and kind-off felt it looked a bit odd as well.
To busy at the time trying to light the place and get the couple to look interested in one another - before the light out side the far window turned black - so yes, well spotted.

Having said that, it does need something here in the foreground - as that's your (the viewer's) table - so not sure what I'd do, if I were to shoot something like this again someday.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:40:57 AM by Yelhsa » Logged

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 73 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad