Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 81 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 243890 times)
Dean Elliott

« Reply #1200 on: February 20, 2014, 07:52:55 AM »
ReplyReply

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional.

That said: To me it looks like a gorgeous shot, but:
I'm afraid the reds - as great as they are - might overpower the jewellery - I can't judge if that would be a problem, just thought I'd mention it.
Cheers
~Chris

Hey Christoph, i did forget to mention this was a shoot for Valentines day and this was the cover shot. Essentially the idea was to set a mood, while portraying some fine product. I hope that helps clarify. I guess i should be more descriptive ha ha. Next time. Thanks for your feedback, and i agree with you, perhaps a little less red...

MichaelEzra

« Reply #1201 on: February 20, 2014, 07:56:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Dean, the photography is great,  but placement of the finger and its nail seems unnecessarily intrusive. My impression is that if finger was bent with the nail appearing at shallower angle, it would allow for a greater accent on the ring.

Dean Elliott

« Reply #1202 on: February 20, 2014, 08:11:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Dean, the photography is great,  but placement of the finger and its nail seems unnecessarily intrusive. My impression is that if finger was bent with the nail appearing at shallower angle, it would allow for a greater accent on the ring.

Thanks for your response Michael. I agree that a different angle of the finger could have been a better composition. There were actually a few shots exactly like that but unfortunately the client select is the one you see here. (I could not find the time to personally retouch extra images specific to my needs, not to say i would have chosen a better one though). Maybe ill look for a better one from the batch when i get some free time.

Thanks again, i appreciate your input.

eronald

« Reply #1203 on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for your response Michael. I agree that a different angle of the finger could have been a better composition. There were actually a few shots exactly like that but unfortunately the client select is the one you see here. (I could not find the time to personally retouch extra images specific to my needs, not to say i would have chosen a better one though). Maybe ill look for a better one from the batch when i get some free time.

Thanks again, i appreciate your input.

While I agree with Michael that the composition is wrong, as an unique image the whole thing is right. And in fact it gets across very well how diamonds really are a girl's best friend Wink

Edmund
Dean Elliott

« Reply #1204 on: February 20, 2014, 08:42:57 AM »
ReplyReply

While I agree with Michael that the composition is wrong, as an unique image the whole thing is right. And in fact it gets across very well how diamonds really are a girl's best friend Wink

Edmund

Thank you Edmund.  Smiley

Rob C

« Reply #1205 on: February 20, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
ReplyReply

A recent shot done for Jewelry client. Im quite happy with ho it turned out. What do you think? any input would be great.

Your photograph is perfectly fine; why would you care what an electrician says about your plumbing or a sommelier about your cooking? (Of course, if you lived in Mallorca they might all be the same person...)

You have two important minds to satisfy: your own and that of your client. The rest, including my opinion, is bullshit. We all have degrees in critique...

Rob C

KLaban

« Reply #1206 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Syd Brak eat your heart out.

Dean Elliott

« Reply #1207 on: February 20, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »
ReplyReply

Your photograph is perfectly fine; why would you care what an electrician says about your plumbing or a sommelier about your cooking? (Of course, if you lived in Mallorca they might all be the same person...)

You have two important minds to satisfy: your own and that of your client. The rest, including my opinion, is bullshit. We all have degrees in critique...

Rob C

Thanks for your input Rob, you are absolutely right, however, although this job has already gone to print, my time for this image is exhausted and my mind has been made, the sole purpose is to get feedback. Or rather just to hear others' opinions. I find it interesting to hear what others have to say especially since there are very few valued opinions where i am from let alone a network from which to form a discussion of meaning. So not all bullshit, rather like gold. (in some cases  Wink.

Thanks for your take.

Rob C

« Reply #1208 on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Syd Brak eat your heart out.

Wish I'd had his abilities!

Imagine what he'd have done with PS instead of Aerograph DeVilbiss... but maybe the latter is actually better.

;-)

Rob C

P.S. I wrote 'done', but is he still working - does he need to?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:46:25 AM by Rob C » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #1209 on: February 20, 2014, 10:02:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Wish I'd had his abilities!

Imagine what he'd have done with PS instead of Aerograph DeVilbiss... but maybe the latter is actually better.

P.S. I wrote 'done', but is he still working - does he need to?

Rob, I'm not sure if Syd is still working. He was certainly raking it in when I shared an agent with him some years back.

MrSmith

« Reply #1210 on: February 20, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »
ReplyReply

i think it's fine composition wise, me i would reduce the detail in the finger/skin a little but it's not a deal breaker
alatreille

« Reply #1211 on: February 20, 2014, 12:14:39 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm not showing my wife that! I can't afford it!
Great shot. It oozes Valentine's Day.

Between the Buildings
http://www.andrewlatreille.com
eronald

« Reply #1212 on: February 20, 2014, 01:21:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Absolutely - it says "you'd better gimme!" Wink

Edmund
Dean Elliott

« Reply #1213 on: February 20, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks guys for your comments.

It really isn't an expensive piece. The client is a "wholesale" client. By that i mean they do everything possible to make it as cheap as possible via mass production and the stone in there is a cubic zirconia. That ring is probably below R1500 (Rands) which is about u.s. $136

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #1214 on: February 20, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Michael Ezra, LIKE LIKE LIKE on those reflections.
ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
MichaelEzra

« Reply #1215 on: February 20, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »
ReplyReply

oschebell

« Reply #1216 on: February 21, 2014, 12:05:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Are my images that bad that there is not one comment? Oh dear...
eronald

« Reply #1217 on: February 21, 2014, 12:27:40 AM »
ReplyReply

I think the reviewers are all done for today, and are enjoying their after-squash cocktails. Smiley

Edmund
JoeKitchen

« Reply #1218 on: February 21, 2014, 05:22:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Never good to follow pics of naked women with pics of interiors if you want any kind of attention on this forum.   Cheesy

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
"Try not to be just better than your rivals and contemporaries, try to be better than yourself."  William Faulkner
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1219 on: February 26, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Dean,
The image overall looks sexy and attractive. Decent execution.

The finger itself is a bit weird and prominent. Perhaps fade it from the left of the frame going in. This is the only major issue I personally have with it.
Other details I myself would alter...
The polish on the finger nail can follow the direction of the finger more towards the tip and not flair out. (The way it is now makes her finger look a bit "off". Also something too edited looking about the cutical).
Your highlight blows on the lips don't look too clean.

How do you price such an image for a piece that sells for $136?

Overall sexy! And great for V Day!

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 81 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad