Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 96569 times)
RobSaecker

« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
ReplyReply

My first Tintype

Cheers Daniel

Wet or dry?

Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com
Christoph C. Feldhaim

There is no rule! No - wait ...

« Reply #461 on: December 01, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Don't much like Sundays... everything here is pretty much dead. Maybe that's what resting does for one.

Anyway, in the wan hope that the photo-gods will choose to smile a little more crisply this time, here's another bottle.

;-)

Rob C

P.S. I guess they are still unhappy.
..image..

LOL - Rob you are cheating me !
Putting all these photographers books behind the bottle - thats not what I requested from you.
Cheesy

Nice one again! - Love it !

Cheers
~Chris

Rob C

« Reply #462 on: December 01, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Hey, Chris, the spirit's still there:  spirits of schnapps snaps!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #463 on: December 03, 2013, 04:43:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Thought a quick vacation was in order after all that hard work around Mallorca.

;-)

Rob C

I think I'll attribute the 'softness' this time to tequila. Grrrr...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:45:19 PM by Rob C » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #464 on: December 03, 2013, 06:28:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, muy buena.

When viewing your images on LuLa you obviously click on the thumbnail to see the enlargement but are you then hovering over the enlargement to see if there's a + symbol that allows further enlargement?

On clicking the thumb I see a fairly soft enlargement but by clicking on the enlargement again I'm seeing a much sharper image.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:30:42 AM by KLaban » Logged

Rob C

« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, muy buena.

When viewing your images on LuLa you obviously click on the thumbnail to see the enlargement but are you then hovering over the enlargement to see if there's a + symbol that allows further enlargement?

On clicking the thumb I see a fairly soft enlargement but by clicking on the enlargement again I'm seeing a much sharper image.

This sure is my day at school!

Keith, I had never hovered and second-clicked; does anybody else know of this trick? I shall return to the images still remaining here and try it out - worked on this hatted shot!

((The sombrero was a silver wedding memento from one of our neighbours, half of which couple is long gone; he, the late hubby, was a delightful Canadian, a real and very generous gentleman (who used to bring doggy-bags back from various restaurants for our Alsabrador, who would wait for him every day on the edge of the terrace for her treat), and his wife is a Scot.))

;-)

Rob C

P.S. Yes, it works with all the remaining shots too, provided they start as thumbnails.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:28:36 AM by Rob C » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, I just assumed that everyone clicked for the full size image.

Rob C

« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, I just assumed that everyone clicked for the full size image.

Well yes, I do too, and the difference in size between the two blowups (one click or two) is minimal - it's just that the second click makes it far crisper for me!

Rob C

KLaban

« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Well yes, I do too, and the difference in size between the two blowups (one click or two) is minimal - it's just that the second click makes it far crisper for me!

Rob C

What I meant was I just assumed everyone did the second click thang ;-)

KLaban

« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »
ReplyReply

P.S. Yes, it works with all the remaining shots too, provided they start as thumbnails.

Rob, as far as I'm aware if you host your own images on your own site and refer them to here rather than download and have them hosted here then they will appear exactly as they appear on your own site, i.e. no thumbnails and no two stage enlargements.

I'll give it a try.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:32:50 PM by KLaban » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
ReplyReply

KLaban

« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Nope, LuLa resizes them regardless.

WalterEG

« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice Keith.

I have been trying to think of what to do with a baked enamel bed pan I have here for about 15 years.  Motivated by Duchamp in a sense but not wanting to replicate has been the hurdle to jump.  I have other still life objets d'art to shoot but just need some wet weather to keep me indoors.

If you google Bedpan Art there are some reasonably moribund examples.

Cheers,

W
David Eckels

Paris sidewalk cafe

« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »
ReplyReply

I have been trying to think of what to do with a baked enamel bed pan I have here for about 15 years.
Hang on to it, Walter, we'll all need one someday! Wink

KLaban

« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2013, 02:59:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Hang on to it, Walter, we'll all need one someday! Wink

lol

KLaban

« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2013, 03:04:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice Keith.

Thanks, Walter.

It was shot in the day room of Lovokomeio, the former leper colony in Chios, Greece.

M9-P, 35mm Summilux ASPH

As an aside it seems LuLa will resize any image over 800 pixels wide.

Rob C

« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2013, 03:22:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, as far as I'm aware if you host your own images on your own site and refer them to here rather than download and have them hosted here then they will appear exactly as they appear on your own site, i.e. no thumbnails and no two stage enlargements.

I'll give it a try.

Keith, I did that on post #448 and it still came over with blurred captions...

That's why I reverted to the thumbnail route for the Mexican Coke because your two-clicks advice/method makes them more crisp to the viewer. I also don't want to touch my website again until Weebly tell me what's going on with my lost Home Page! I haven't even dropped the Mexican into it for that reason.

I like your leper colony image - in fact I approve most highly of the fact that the unimportant aspects of background go soft! I usually feel that infinite DOF makes concentration of the mind almost impossible - the actual 'subject' can get lost in the confusion. Unless, of course, the entire scene is the subject, but that can be too global a concept for me!

Did you hand-hold or tripod the Leica? Can you frame exactly at that sort of distance?

Rob C

KLaban

« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2013, 04:24:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Did you hand-hold or tripod the Leica? Can you frame exactly at that sort of distance?

Rob, this shot was made with the M9-P before I had the new M(240). I use the Leica M9-P almost exclusively hand-held although for this shot it was tripod mounted as the light was very poor and this was a time exposure of several seconds. The M9-P is a simple rangefinder camera and as such critical framing is not possible at any distance. Critical framing is where the Leica M(240) complete with liveview and EVF excels.

Rob C

« Reply #478 on: December 04, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, this shot was made with the M9-P before I had the new M(240). I use the Leica M9-P almost exclusively hand-held although for this shot it was tripod mounted as the light was very poor and this was a time exposure of several seconds. The M9-P is a simple rangefinder camera and as such critical framing is not possible at any distance. Critical framing is where the Leica M(240) complete with liveview and EVF excels.

I hardly dare ask: has the Hassy gone into retirement, or have you gently added two smaller millstones to the back of the Greek donkey that's waiting for your next trip?

;-)

Rob C

KLaban

« Reply #479 on: December 04, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
ReplyReply

I hardly dare ask: has the Hassy gone into retirement, or have you gently added two smaller millstones to the back of the Greek donkey that's waiting for your next trip?

Hassy is resigned to the fact that she has seen the last of Hellenic shores.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad