Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: DIGITAL Medium Format photography is almost as moribund???  (Read 42297 times)
FredBGG

« Reply #320 on: April 17, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »
ReplyReply

All images were processed identically with Apple Aperture. Had I used Phocus, the aberrations of the HC lenses would be automatically corrected. I wanted to avoid that.
The colors were matched by eye, the automatic WB on the D800 gave much cooler results.

Hi jerome

The reason I asked is that I can see some color fringing on the 105 DC at the wider apertures.
Take a look at the latest Adobe Camera Raw. There is a new version of the color fringing correction tool.
It works really well for fast lenses that have purple or green fringing. This would help you get more out of your 105.

As for the HC 150 it is a very clean lens very minimal CA.
jerome_m

« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi jerome

The reason I asked is that I can see some color fringing on the 105 DC at the wider apertures.
Take a look at the latest Adobe Camera Raw. There is a new version of the color fringing correction tool.
It works really well for fast lenses that have purple or green fringing. This would help you get more out of your 105.

As for the HC 150 it is a very clean lens very minimal CA.

The reason the HC 150 exhibits minimal CA is that it is not used at the same aperture to produce the same depth of field. Even wide open, it is f/3.2 while the Nikon opens at f/2.0.

Thank you for the reminder about the new Adobe tools, which I had not known about. You are right that they will help with the 105 DC, which indeed suffers a lot from fringing, and I will check whether the fringing can be corrected very well. The example I posted was at f/4.0, at f/2.8 the 105DC is worse:

105f2.8-150f4.0 by jerome_Munich

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:51:21 PM by jerome_m » Logged
FredBGG

« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
ReplyReply

The reason the HC 150 exhibits minimal CA is that it is not used at the same aperture to produce the same depth of field. Even wide open, it is f/3.2 while the Nikon opens at f/2.0.

That is part of it, but there are other issues too. At wider apertures bokeh and color correction in lenses is a balancing act.

There is some discussion about it in this Hasselblad PDF....

www.hasselbladusa.com/media/.../the_evolution_of_lenses.pdf

Interesting article.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad