Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Can LR handle Leaf .MOS files?  (Read 1422 times)
rogerxnz

« on: March 02, 2013, 06:57:18 PM »
ReplyReply

LR 4.3 (which is the demo version I have downloaded) says it cannot deal with Leaf .MOS files, the ones that the Aptus range of digital backs produce.

Is that correct? I have lots of them!
Roger

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
madmanchan

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Roger, it depends on the digital back, as well as the format of the .MOS file.  Lightroom should be able to read uncompressed .MOS files.  However, Lightroom does not support the compressed .MOS image format.  (In case you're wondering, there are a few different "flavors" of .MOS raw files.)

Schewe

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »
ReplyReply

If you used the compressed option, I'm pretty sure the Leaf Capture software can open a compressed .mos file and resave it as an uncompressed .mov file that ACR/LR will support.
Raul_82

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
ReplyReply

1-you need to download Leaf Raw Converter
2-you need to set up automatic import in lightroom, define a watched folder to store the .mos files that you will convert using LRC. Otherwise you'll have to copy the files after the conversion, that will double your work.
3-open Leaf raw converter, select the card where your images are, and select the lightroom folder where they will be copied. Click "save compressed (lossless)" and Convert.
4-if you are shooting thetered, there is no need to do all this, you just need to use Leaf Capture to conect the camera and then select the same lightroom folder to transfer the images. No need to use LRC.

Hope it helps

P.S Lightroom must be running when you use LRC

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:27:00 PM by Raul_82 » Logged
Raul_82

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Lightroom does not support the compressed .MOS image format

I think that actually, it does, otherwise i have been clicking "save compresed" for nothing (when using Leaf Raw Converter) and I know that's not the case because I checked the image size.
bradleygibson

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
ReplyReply

LR can read both compressed and uncompressed .mos files, provided the file was written by the Leaf Raw Capture utility.

LR may be compatible with the .mos files as written by some Leaf digital backs and only in certain modes (you'll have to test), but Leaf Raw Capture will read all Leaf digital back authored .mos variants and output flavors of .mos that LR will import.

Hope that helps,
-Brad

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad