Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Fuji gs690III  (Read 1083 times)
JohnCox123
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »
ReplyReply

I have a Mamiya pro TL but have the option of getting a fuji gs690III for a good price. How do these compare? I don't like carrying around multiple bodies so I would either use one or the other. I'm a one camera one lens person and I'm familiar with rangefinders. 
k bennett

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »
ReplyReply

I had both Fujis, the 90mm and the 65mm. The lenses are excellent, the bodies are okay. No Bulb setting made long exposures difficult (it uses a T setting instead.) Makes a nice carry-around camera with a slightly-wide normal lens (the 90) or a terrific moderate wide angle. Decent rangefinder, overall pretty easy to use.

Did I mention how good the lenses were? Smiley

I gave all my MF film equipment to our art department a few years ago. They actually use it...

Equipment: a camera and some lenses.
JohnCox123
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26:27 PM »
ReplyReply

I've heard the clicking/buzzing noise is very loud on the shot counter. Is there a work around or is it not that loud?
saltysearabbit

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
ReplyReply

I have had two of these over the years. The noise is not that loud (at least not on the two that i had), Much quieter than any MF SLR. Unless your goal is to be ultra sneeky you will be fine (and if you are trying to be sneeky; using a clown sized leica may get you noticed....) Awesome  Cameras by the way.
Gandalf

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Smallest viewfinder I have ever seen on any camera. RF patch is very small, but relatively easy to focus. The 90 mm is a little easier to compose with.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad