Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Are there guidelines for max pixel resolution when submitting images to LuLa?  (Read 272 times)
l_d_allan

« on: March 03, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
ReplyReply

I've noticed that the pixel resolution of submissions to LuLa "User Critiques" vary a lot. In a quick check, I noticed many were from 800 to 1000 px on the maximum side, up to what appear to be full-resolution of the original such as 4000x3000.

I attempted to find a "sticky topic" that addressed this issue, but I didn't find one. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough?

Many websites do have limitations on resolution, typically 1024 on the longest side. IMO, this is a relic of years past as far as technical issues of bandwidth and storage are concerned.

However, I can see the purpose of a rather limited maximum, as this can put greater emphasis on composition that "survives" drastic down-sampling. It certainly cuts way down on "pixel peeping" ... if not eliminating.

retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear ... let me know if you're in the area and would like a free guided tour of our photographically "target-rich environment"
nemo295
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Much of the work posted on LuLa is copyrighted, so naturally anyone who is concerned about their intellectual property isn't going to post a hi-res image, even if it's watermarked. Also, if a photo gets too big it's not going to fit comfortably on a screen without having to scroll it. I like to keep photos I post to not more than 950 pixels on the longest side.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad