Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know  (Read 35292 times)
johndk

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello.

I just wanted to check with others, I havenīt been on these forums since I got my P45+ just over 5 years ago!

I did the upgrade to the IQ260 (my P45+ has over 320k shots!) and today they showed up with my new IQ260. However, I was really shocked that it doesnīt even include a battery or charger. What as been the experiences of the rest of you that have gotten your IQ260?

BTW, they brought me one for Mamiya but I ordered for Hasselblad, so finally I couldnīt  take reciept of it. Sad Sounds like a Phase one mistake and not my dealer.

Thanks in advance.
John
Paul2660

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2013, 04:49:14 PM »
ReplyReply

That sounds about right.  I know you don't get the same equipment as when you purchase a back "new", not via the upgrade.  When I upgraded from the P45+ to IQ160 back in 2011 I thought I got a new battery, but maybe not.  I know you don't get a case, charger etc.  You should get the new cables for USB3 and possible a Phase One zero latency cable for a tech camera.  You also should have a copy of Capture One software, but not the Pro version.  They may not include this anymore as you can download it and it's free for all Phase One digital back users.

Paul Caldwell
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:53:15 PM by Paul2660 » Logged

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
Photography > http://photosofarkansas.com
Blog> http://paulcaldwellphotography.com
ddanois

« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2013, 09:23:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Same for me. I think the expectation is that you still have your kit from the original DB purchase.

Derek
Doug Peterson

« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »
ReplyReply

http://www.digitaltransitions.com/page/phase-one-warranty-information

This page contains the contents of each kind of purchase.

Upgrades are halfway down.

Of course one can use the argument "for $XXXXX you should through in a free ____" for just about any expensive purchase. But every added "free" accessory is of course not really free but raises the cost of the underlying package (sometimes in unexpected ways such as increased shipping costs as you go past some size/weight).

I'm torn on this one - anyone upgrading their back is very likely to have several batteries and likely several chargers and including another charger/battery would likely be superfluous. Of course there can be exceptions so the Digital Transitions sales team makes an effort to discuss what is going to come with whatever purchase the customer is making to head off any unexpected confusion/disappointment.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:54:05 AM by Doug Peterson » Logged

DOUG PETERSON (dep@digitaltransitions.com), Digital Transitions
Dealer for Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Profoto
Office: 877.367.8537
Cell: 740.707.2183
Phase One IQ250 FAQ
tom_l

« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:31 AM »
ReplyReply

It probably depends.

I only upgraded once : P25->IQ160 and got 1 battery, 1 charger, 1 new short cable, 1 cleaning set.

I once send the old back in for cleaning, firmware upgrade, general check, which is quite expensive as you may know, but... I got it back in a new Peli Case

Tom
Graham Welland

« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Of course one can use the argument "for $XXXXX you should through in a free ____" for just about any expensive purchase. But every added "free" accessory is of course not really free but raises the cost of the underlying package (sometimes in unexpected ways such as increased shipping costs as you go past some size/weight).

I'm torn on this one - anyone upgrading their back is very likely to have several batteries and likely several chargers and including another charger/battery would likely be superfluous.

I understand where you're coming from on this, although I strongly disagree. Given the costs of the backs and the margins that must exist on technology like this to make it worth Phase One and any dealer's efforts worthwhile, it seems pretty cheap not to just provide the accessories with an upgrade. It's not like we're talking a $500 upgrade price here, plus we're talking about providing those accessories at manufacturer's cost - not retail cost.

My $0.02.

Graham
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad