Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: iPhone app nag  (Read 1261 times)
GeraldB

« on: March 04, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
ReplyReply

When using my iPhone to access the LuLa forums I get a constant nag pop up asking me to use the tapatalk  forum app. Is this something the LuLa site is sending? Is LuLa recommending we use that app? If so what are the advantages?
thanks
Gerald

francois

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »
ReplyReply

When using my iPhone to access the LuLa forums I get a constant nag pop up asking me to use the tapatalk  forum app. Is this something the LuLa site is sending? Is LuLa recommending we use that app? If so what are the advantages?
thanks
Gerald

You can simply ignore the message. As John said above, the iOS apps only offer a lightweight interface for faster browsing. Some like it and some other users prefer using a traditional browser.

Francois
GeraldB

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Something I did not make clear is that the message pops up on EVERY navigation. So going from one thread to another or the next page. Its not a one time "offer". Each time you have to dismiss the prompt. I could simply spend a whole 2.99 but I've heard that tapatalk will provide the same nags when there is a new version available.

The thing I was trying to understand is how tapatalk inject themselves into the workflow. I don't get offered any other forum browser for example. Is it an agreement between the the vendors of the forum software LuLa uses and tapatalk?

Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »
ReplyReply

I got those annoying pop-ups too, but not any more. Do not even remember if I did anything specific to stop it. Perhaps it itself gives up after, say, three unsuccessful pop-ups?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
francois

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:15:46 AM »
ReplyReply

Something I did not make clear is that the message pops up on EVERY navigation. So going from one thread to another or the next page. Its not a one time "offer". Each time you have to dismiss the prompt. I could simply spend a whole 2.99 but I've heard that tapatalk will provide the same nags when there is a new version available.

The thing I was trying to understand is how tapatalk inject themselves into the workflow. I don't get offered any other forum browser for example. Is it an agreement between the the vendors of the forum software LuLa uses and tapatalk?

Do you use private browsing? I just tried on my iPhone and after the first Tapatalk alert, I can visit this forum without any message. It might come back, though.

I use Tapatalk app on my iPad without any problem.

Francois
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad