Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: mouse, wired or wireless?  (Read 2743 times)
Eric Brody

« on: March 08, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
ReplyReply

I use a Mac Pro and have both a wired and wireless Apple mouse. Are there either data or opinions about which is more precise for Photoshop? I do also use a Wacom tablet for painting so it may be moot, but I'd still like to know what people, presumably folks who have more experience than I do, use.
Thanks for any input.

Eric
wolfnowl

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »
ReplyReply

Windows user, but I haven't used a wired mouse in so many years I don't even remember.

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Graham Clark

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 04:33:31 AM »
ReplyReply

I use a Mac Pro and have both a wired and wireless Apple mouse. Are there either data or opinions about which is more precise for Photoshop? I do also use a Wacom tablet for painting so it may be moot, but I'd still like to know what people, presumably folks who have more experience than I do, use.
Thanks for any input.

Eric

Hello Eric,

I like using a trackball like the Microsoft Trackball Explorer, however the Apple Trackpad is also very good for design/photography work.

Graham

Graham Clark  |  grahamclarkphoto.com
nemo295
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »
ReplyReply

I use a cheap Logitech wired mouse. I hate trackballs and wacom tablets and I find wireless mice to be too heavy to use comfortably and control precisely.
francois

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:47:05 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm using a wired mouse on my Mac Pro although I still have the original Magic Mouse (wireless). I find that most wireless mice are heavy (batteries). It's mostly a matter of taste but I find that my wired mouse seems a bit more responsive…

Francois
PeterAit

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:17:06 AM »
ReplyReply

The type of connection doesn't matter, it just transmits the mouse signal to the computer. It's the movement resolution of the specific mouse hardware that matters.

Peter
"Photographic technique is a means to an end, never the end itself."
View my photos at http://www.peteraitken.com
Justan

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
ReplyReply

^Right. The movement of a mouse or trackball is typically measured in increments of 1/200th of an inch, iirc. Each 1/200th is called a “mickey.”

The only issue with wireless mice and keyboards for that matter is that they start to misbehave in odd ways when the battery runs down.

lfeagan

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 11:34:58 PM »
ReplyReply

I prefer wired mice in all situations. Personally I use the SteelSeries Ikari and Xai laser mice, which can be configured without software/drivers via a small LCD display and buttons on the bottom. The Apple Magic Trackpad is also quite nice due to its large size.

Lance

Nikon: D700, D800E, PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED, PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED, PC-E 85mm f/2.8D, 50mm f/1.4G, 14-24 f/2.8G ED, 24-70 f/2.8G ED, 70-200 f/2.8G ED VR II, 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
Fuji: X-Pro 1, 14mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2.0, 35mm f/1.4
Ellis Vener

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 09:26:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Wired. Used to use a really high precision mouse from RAZER that was great for retouching and other fine moves in Photoshop and Lightroom but I wore it out. Now I use a cheap Microsoft mouse and a Wacom INTUOUS 5.

Ellis Vener
http://www.ellisvener.com
Creating photographs for advertising, corporate and industrial clients since 1984.
Ed Taylor

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Wired/Wireless.

I use an Intuous 5 with the wireless mouse from an Intuous 4.

I like a wireless mouse but find many heavy.

Ed

Best Regards,

Ed Taylor
www.edtaylorphoto.com
SunnyUK

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »
ReplyReply

Wireless. I find that the weight of the batteries more than make up for the resistance of the wire when I lift and move the mouse around. Right now I'm using a Logitech Performance MX which works on any surface, including glass.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad