Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 427 times)
eosef

« on: March 11, 2013, 03:55:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi all!

This is my first post here on LuLa.
The attached photo was taken last November in Niagara Falls.
Please share your thoughts.

Thank you, Joseph
RSL

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Welcome, Joseph. My thoughts are that it's a nice, clear, tourist snapshot. Looks as if you've mastered the technical side of photography. What are your photographic objectives for the future?

eosef

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Russ, thank you for your comment.

Photography is just a hobby of mine. Fortunately, I am in the situation where the objective is to have fun taking (making?) pictures, and hopefully pleasing myself with the results… at least once in a while.
amolitor

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
ReplyReply

I kind of dig the contrast of the massing gulls with the massing people, but that's a little thin as a theme. It feels more like a simple record shot - I was here - than anything deeper.

That said, there's nothing wrong with record shots. And, I do get a little tickle of something deeper, as I suggested in my first sentence.

- Andrew

My awesome blog about photography: http://photothunk.blogspot.com
rogerxnz

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 01:07:45 AM »
ReplyReply

There is too much going on in this image for it to be more than a record shot but I think it could be made "deeper" by cropping. To me, the main event in this image is the swirling birds and the response/engagement of the four tourists to the left of the middle of the image.

I would crop it to just include the right shoulder of the woman with the red hat and everything across to the right edge of the image. I would also crop away the area below the two birds flying low just above the river with a crop that just excludes all of the river.

This would approximately place the red boy and the biggest bird at opposing rule of thirds intersections!

I would then see what could be done to recover detail in the water flowing over the dam or tone it down if possible.

I think the blurred birds add to what the tourists are reacting to so they do not worry me.

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad