Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 'Temporary Reset' (Alt-click) issue following 7.1.1 update  (Read 1105 times)
Malcolm Payne
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 68


« on: March 27, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »
ReplyReply

I've found a very odd issue after installing the latest C1 7.1.1 update this morning: Alt-clicking the 'Reset' button in any of the tabs (curves, levels etc) flicks back to the default settings for a fraction of a second then reverts immediately to the adjusted settings, rather than continuing to display the original settings while the mouse button is held down.

I tried uninstalling the 7.1.1 update completely then reinstalling it, with the same issue.

I then uninstalled 7.1.1 and reinstalled 7.1.0, with no other changes, and that worked correctly as previously. I updated that installation to 7.1.1 again, and the problem recurred immediately.

Phase One tech support have been unable to reproduce the problem, and after trying various suggestions with alternative mice and drivers, suggested creating a new admin account and trying 7.1.1 under that account, which does work correctly there.

They suggest that this points to a problem with the settings of my usual account rather than the 7.1.1 update, but that doesn't explain why 7.1.0 should work correctly under that account and 7.1.1 should fail, with no other changes.

Has anyone else had any similar issues, or any suggestions that might assist in tracking down or resolving the problem?

Many thanks.
Logged
Malcolm Payne
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 68


« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Problem eventually resolved by a forced System Restore in Safe Mode to the last restore point (Windows Critical Update) from yesterday. It refused to restore normally, and it's still not clear what might have caused the problem, the only change to the system in that period being that last Windows update.

It's also not entirely clear what that might have included, though I ran Update again following the Restore, and the only updates it found were for Windows Defender, SharePoint Workspace 2010 and Outlook 2010, none of which appear potential candidates for the problem with the C1 update and all of which updated without further problems.

Just one of those things maybe, though I'm still puzzled as to why v7.1.0 worked and v7.1.1 didn't.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad