Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Mantis  (Read 419 times)
bryanlinden

There is no try... only do!

« on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:25 AM »
ReplyReply

I caught this guy checking out my back yard and thought a macro shot was in order. I like how the blurring isolates his head a bit, what do you think?

Nothing beats great media to show off our photos. My favorites are Finestraart.com Smooth Fine Art, Premium Pearl and Metallic Silver all for different reasons.
Brett_D

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
ReplyReply

It's a cool image.  I think a tiny bit sharper (and maybe a bit more DOF) would be stronger while still creating for the look you achieved.

bryanlinden

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Thank you! It is actually sharper than it looks, I think I got a little compression happy with Save for Web Smiley.

Nothing beats great media to show off our photos. My favorites are Finestraart.com Smooth Fine Art, Premium Pearl and Metallic Silver all for different reasons.
wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
ReplyReply

It's a cool image.  I think a tiny bit sharper (and maybe a bit more DOF) would be stronger while still creating for the look you achieved.

I agree.  And welcome to the forums, Bryan!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
nemo295
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:45:44 PM »
ReplyReply

The extreme bokeh is pretty cool. I like the shot.
bryanlinden

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you. I like that a user has to look for the details, keeps them engaged longer hopefully Smiley. I appreciate the comments

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello Bryan, welcome to the forum from me too.

For me the DOF is much too shallow, the centrality of the subject doesn't help either. It seems that focus fell on the mouth parts and not the eyes. But others like it so don't listen to me.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad