Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: “New Landscapes,” looks like photographs of traditional Chinese paintings  (Read 2074 times)
Isaac

« on: April 03, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Bucolic Mountains of Garbage
Gulag

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Is that really true to our medium? I guess fad comes and goes once in a while. As long as there is a "market" for the stuff, anything is all right in the age of consumerdom.

"The difference which you can make between fine arts and commercial or little art is today corresponded by the difference between the art that obeys and the art that does not obey. Great art does not obey. All others are arts that are of low quality, even pitiful. " - Paul Virilio
Isaac

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
ReplyReply

What do you think "our medium" is -- digital images?
Gulag

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
ReplyReply

What do you think "our medium" is -- digital images?

I thought it was photography. And it's no longer true any more?

"The difference which you can make between fine arts and commercial or little art is today corresponded by the difference between the art that obeys and the art that does not obey. Great art does not obey. All others are arts that are of low quality, even pitiful. " - Paul Virilio
louoates

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
ReplyReply

I always like viewing different ideas like this. It always stimulates my imagination whether or not I like the image.
Isaac

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:10:46 PM »
ReplyReply

I thought it was photography. And it's no longer true any more?

"[Yao Lu] describes himself as a reporter, noting that “photography is my work tool, an important tool I can’t do without.”
Isaac

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »
ReplyReply

I always like viewing different ideas like this. It always stimulates my imagination whether or not I like the image.

otoh it makes me feel so unimaginative; otoh a great antidote to it's all been done before ;-)

Underwater Dogs

theguywitha645d

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »
ReplyReply

It is always good to see someone inspired and creating work. We should never be pedantic about a medium.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad