For your planning purposes: this will not happen.
If you are okay tethering, then Capture Pilot for your P65+ via a tethered laptop/desktop works really well. This functionality is free, even though the P+ series was developed before Capture Pilot; i.e. they added additional functionality at no additional cost, several years after first developing the platform.
If you're interested in the technicals, here are some of the items built into the 260 which allow wifi to work:
- four-core custom-die (P1 design) primary CPU, so that the back can do the heavy lifting of decoding a high res file in near real time
- three additional CPUs for dedicated purposes
- two custom-built antenna (if you followed the antenna-gate iPhone issue you know that developing a high-speed custom antenna for a device with a metal chassis is not an easy/cheap/fast project); the chassis of the IQ was designed to facilitate/allow the antenna and the antenna was designed to work with the IQ chassis
- UDMA7 CF card reader to allow fast read/writes so that you can be shooting 60-80mp raw files while also reading files for 100% renderings
- a next-generation custom OS, built from the ground up (including the underlying kernel) for speed and extensibility
To say that it's not possible to backport the IQ2 wireless to the P65+ is an understatement. Phase One, for those with a long memory, actually planned to implement wireless in the very first P+ backs. They never got it to work in a way that could be released.
Thanks for breaking my hopes as early as possible
Have to upgrade then