Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: HowTo? appropriate setting for CS6 advanced GPU "30-bit display" setting on PC?  (Read 482 times)
l_d_allan

« on: April 24, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »
ReplyReply

I noticed that CS6-Extended (trial) has an Advanced GPU option for "30 Bit Display", and I'm unclear what the appropriate choice is ... Checked or Unchecked?

• Windows 7-64 and Asus Amd Radeon HD 6770 (2 or 3 year old mid-level) video card
  • Dell Ultrasharp U2410 Adobe-98 monitor that quasi-supports 10-bit per channel color (just arrived)
  • I don't recall CS4 or CS5 having 30-bit option for GPU. Is this new to CS6? Just for CS6-Extended, and not standard, non-extended CS6?
  • Did this option for "30-bit display" show up because the Dell Ultrasharp monitor was detected?
  • Can my Canon Pixma Pro-9000-2 make use of 30-bit color?
  • Would I need to use the XPS-16 bit print driver to take advantage of "30 Bit Display"?
  • Or is it not worth worrying about?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:56:48 AM by l_d_allan » Logged

retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear ... let me know if you're in the area and would like a free guided tour of our photographically "target-rich environment"
Sheldon N

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:38:55 AM »
ReplyReply

I don't believe your video card is capable of 30 bit display, so it doesn't have any effect what setting you use.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad