ReplyReply

+1

Erik

eronald

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
ReplyReply

+1

Erik

Let the man get some work done, he will be back - AFAIK he didn't leave in anger.

Edmund

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
tho_mas

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:35:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Cooter, time to come back.
why would he? To join the "beware of WiFi"-thread? Ridiculous ...

Then again, of course he is missing ...
ondebanks

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »
ReplyReply

I noticed that he signed up on getdpi a few weeks ago and has posted there quite a few times since. I didn't realize that he was saying goodbye to LuLa?

Ray
EricWHiss

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Hope he comes back too.

Authorized Rolleiflex Dealer:
Find product information, download user manuals, or purchase online - Rolleiflex USA
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
ReplyReply

James has not left. I deleted his account in error - thus the 'Guest' status.

He will be back when he chooses under the same 'bcooter' name but the old posts will still say 'Guest' - dumb f'ing sftw that doesn't allow undos...

Apologies to all

Chris

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
eronald

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
ReplyReply

James has not left. I deleted his account in error - thus the 'Guest' status.

He will be back when he chooses under the same 'bcooter' name but the old posts will still say 'Guest' - dumb f'ing sftw that doesn't allow undos...

Apologies to all

Chris

Poor James.
First he gets banned from R.G. (for posting on the Jesuscam thread), and we follow him here.
Now he gets run over by a truck, here Smiley and I guess we can follow him to Guy's place until misfortune strikes again.
Ah, it is a tough life to have a fan club Smiley

Edmund
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:58:45 PM by eronald » Logged

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
ReplyReply

+1

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Schewe

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Poor James.
First he gets banned from R.G. (for posting on the Jesuscam thread), and we follow him here.

Hey, he wasn't the only one to get banned from RG...I got banned too!

Several times as I recall :~)
MrSmith

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
ReplyReply

I heard a rumour he had given up photography?
Cooter and his wife had opened a vegetarian restaurant on a Greek island. Evidently it's going we'll and they are planning on opening a yoga retreat for busy media types to learn the art of relaxation.
eronald

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
ReplyReply

I heard a rumour he had given up photography?
Cooter and his wife had opened a vegetarian restaurant on a Greek island. Evidently it's going we'll and they are planning on opening a yoga retreat for busy media types to learn the art of relaxation.

Wrong island, it's actually near Rob's home. They've started running the meditation courses. Jeff has been recently seen there in the shade of a palmtree humming Ommmmm with a blissful smile on his face, a 3 week beard, and his hair tied back in a ponytail with a pink ribbon Smiley
I also hear that Rob throws wicked parties and we're all invited.

Edmund
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:36:44 PM by eronald » Logged

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
Rob C

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 04:31:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Wrong island, it's actually near Rob's home. They've started running the meditation courses. Jeff has been recently seen there in the shade of a palmtree humming Ommmmm with a blissful smile on his face, a 3 week beard, and his hair tied back in a ponytail with a pink ribbon Smiley
I also hear that Rob throws wicked parties and we're all invited.

Edmund

I like that; and Rob sticks to his single cardiologist-permitted glass of red wine per day.

However, fifteen years ago...

Sometimes I don't know if to laugh or to cry. Sometimes I find they are pretty much the same thing.

;-)

Rob C

Schewe

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Pink ribbon? I don't do pink...
Steve Hendrix

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »
ReplyReply

Poor James.
Now he gets run over by a truck, here Smiley and I guess we can follow him to Guy's place until misfortune strikes again.
Ah, it is a tough life to have a fan club Smiley

Edmund

Actually, if I recall correctly, it was more people leaving voluntarily after the censorship that ensued from the JesusCam thread. Voluntary exile, if you will.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Steve Hendrix
Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 404.543.8475
wolfnowl

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Prior to WWII, pink was considered a boy's colour.  Since it's related to red, it was considered too 'passionate' for girls.  Blue was the girl's colour.  They've actually flip-flopped a couple of times through the centuries.  But nobody's gonna make you wear pink if you don't want to!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
KLaban

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 02:24:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey, if you haven't been banned from a forum you haven't lived.

bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 02:32:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey, if you haven't been banned from a forum you haven't lived.

Actually, I wasn't banned for the Jesuscam comments, I was banned because I wrote RG and tried to get someone reinstated and the response was  rather heated and I responded in kind.

In all fairness my response could have been worded better so things went sideways.

That was a shame because early on I liked Rob and Mike and thought they added a service, especially in the early days of digital.   Later I think it got beyond there control.

We also should remember that those days were the wild west of still digital capture.  Film photographers were making the 1,000 ft. leap to digital without a safety net.   Some crashed, some flew but all shared, though sometimes heatedly.

What was different than today was, even if the rhetoric became combative,  everyone was pushing forward and I believe with a good spirit.    If Leaf, or Phase  had a new back, there would be a barrage of hard questions, but just about everybody actually tried them.  Some kept it, some didn't but the vgoal was to learn so we all could go forward and be better.  

I made personal friends from that forum that I still stay in contact with and will for the rest of my life.  

I don't have the time to see them all, write or call every week, but I try to keep up on everyone of their work.  

I'm amazed to see Troy House's beautiful new promos, Mark Tucker's Wet Plates, Cameron Davidson's addition of lifestyle to aerial, Brian Smith's Celebrity portraits and the list goes on.  (Please forgive me for leaving out the dozens of people that really deserve mention).

Today, a lot of what was talked about on RG probably wouldn't fly, even if only for google and it's 7 year memory.

That doesn't mean this forum isn't  a good place, because it is.   A lot of good, well meaning, talented people and good information, is here,  though we have lost many of the working photographers that populated this and the RG forums.

That's a shame because  today we face the same challenges only different.  We're producing more work per hour than ever before, usually for the same or tighter numbers.   Many of us have added video, nearly everyone understands that deadlines have moved from days to hours and the professional landscape is now a world where everyone competes, regardless of zip code.

If we could have that old RG group back, the wealth of knowledge that could flow through this forum, combined with the newer members would be fascinating . . . but . . .

Talking honestly in public is very  difficult, especially lately.  

We've all seen that just one person that is  obsessively determined could damage a person or a brand and if not can obviously dominate this whole section.

I'd love to see a return of the spirit of the RG days, but as recent events has shown, that time is probably over.

IMO

JR

P.S.  Jeff Schewe.  

Don't take this negatively, but you remind me of the old line "I wouldn't join a club that would have me".  I don't know about you, but in my life I've left a lot of clubs, bounced from a few bars and even as a child was tossed out of the cub scouts.  My mom was the Den Mother.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:55:44 AM by bcooter » Logged

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 03:14:51 AM »
ReplyReply

In wine-tasting country you should: goes with the eyes.

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 03:16:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Cooter -

I don't know the other site (which I assume is Galbraith?) but I'm damned happy to see you posting again.

Rob C

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad