Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Cooter  (Read 6688 times)
eronald

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 03:40:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Your Right Fred.

Last year I only got to spend 2 weeks in our Texas studio.  

That's what happens to celebrity photographers who outfit a 747 as a portable studio Smiley

Edmund

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
Rob C

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 04:37:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Or...find a touchy-feely mistress who pays the Ferrari bills  Roll Eyes

You won't tell me that this music isn't better than listening to Adele in California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PN_UsfJqN4
Filmed with a Gopro

Ps: for the ones interested, the Dino 308 GT4 is the cheapest Ferrari in the vintage market (less than the Rob's Mercedes and way more interesting driving experience)  and far from being the worse. Vastly underestimated. It has 2 rear seats. Hand built.

But, I don't think it is officially a Ferrari: named for Enzo's son, I believe that though it carried Dino, the Ferrari word wasn't there on the original cars. I think some owners bought the F names and added them post.

This may be a factoid. Whatever, not a lot of people knows that, as Alfie was wont to say.

Enjoyed the film; had a Fiat X1/9 for a couple of years (almost), and when I discovered the alloys had been contaminated at the factory by added weights straight onto the rims and that I would have to buy four new ones, I bought the Alfa instead. Had that for less than a year and sold it when we left to come here. If they had put the Alfa boxer into the Fiat it would have been fantastic. Oh, and built it (the X/9) from steel, not sardine tins.

Of course, then I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it.

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:54:57 PM by Rob C » Logged

FredBGG

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 05:46:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Your Right Fred.

Last year I only got to spend 2 weeks in our Texas studio.  

Was either in a plane or touchy feely L.A.  

This year I told myself every chance I had I would go back to Texas and already have spent 5 weeks there this year, off and on.

You'd think that would have helped, but instead I think I've turned into a left coast sissy.

I think California has ruined me, because the other night passing a Prius at about 95 mph on the 10 and thought, you know, those cars aren't that "bad" looking.

Next thing I'll be wearing hemp boots, listening to Adele and and growing my own cilantro.

IMO

BC

95mph on the a freeway with a 65mph speed limit....

Speeding drivers biggest killer on the freeways.
http://youtu.be/eryfhMWfl1U
FredBGG

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
ReplyReply

But, I don't think it is officially a Ferrari: named for Enzo's son, I believe that though it carried Dino, the Ferrari word wasn't there on the original cars. I think some owners bought the F names and added them post.

This may be a factoid. Whatever, not a lot of people knows that, as Alfie was wont to say.

Enjoyed the film; had a Fiat X1/9 for a couple of years (almost), and when I discovered the alloys had been contaminated at the factory by added weights straight onto the rims and that I would have to buy four new ones, I bought the Alfa instead. Had that for less than a year and sold it when we left to come here. If they had put the Alfa boxer into the Fiat it would have been fantastic. Oh, and built it (the X/9) from steel, not sardine tins.

Of course, then I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it.

Rob C

I've heard that it was originally a design for a different brand. Great drive though...

The real really lovely Dino was this one:

Had one in the family... would have kept it but I grew too much and can't fit in it and turn the steering wheel at the same time Wink
ondebanks

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Actually, if I recall correctly, it was more people leaving voluntarily after the censorship that ensued from the JesusCam thread. Voluntary exile, if you will.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Intrigued by this, I searched www.robgalbraith.com for "JesusCam" and just plain "Jesus". No matches whatsoever.

Whatever that thread was, it must have been so terrible that it has been completely expunged from history!

Ray
fredjeang2

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
ReplyReply

The 308 GT4 is indeed a real Ferrari, but not highly considered by the purists.
In fact Dino was a brand in itself that was created to produce cars with less than 12 cylinders
(and less than 12 cylinders by the purists is an heresy).

When the Dino brand disapeared, it was fully incorporated into Ferrari and the 308 GT 4
was a real Ferrari but not with the 12 cylinder engine, "only" a little V8.
However, this is an incredible car, very stable, superbly built and engineered, and the most affordable
Ferrari for someone who wants to start into the brand at "low-budget".
A car for rebuild can be found at 8.000 euros, and the ones in perfect conditions are about 20.000 euros.
The fuel is 20 liters/100 km
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:10:08 PM by fredjeang2 » Logged
eronald

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
ReplyReply

What I got told when I lived in Italy was that the Dino was an affordable Ferrari, but it became the pimpmobile of choice precisely because it was affordable whereupon the company dropped the idea of affordability. Ony in Italy, I guess; these days BMW does quite well out of being the wheels of choice for drug dealers. Now, that ought to be enough car-brand-offensive innuendo for a day - can we get back to maligning MF cameras, viewing beautiful images and  maybe prepare for an exclusive report from James about the state of our art in these times of less people with more money?

Edmund
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:02:04 AM by eronald » Logged

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2013, 02:34:16 PM »
ReplyReply

95mph on the a freeway with a 65mph speed limit....

Speeding drivers biggest killer on the freeways.
http://youtu.be/eryfhMWfl1U

Oh BGG Fred,

Just when our relationship was going so well.

You ignored me, I ignored you and life was great.

Now you have to go and screw it up complaining about my driving.*

Actually, I have to thank you for my rather quick driving  pace on the 10 fwy as I was in moderate traffic, looked around and noticed  tour busses with hundreds of people hanging off the roofs and windows shooting their wi-fi enabled dslrs.

Then on the other side of me I was swarmed with Priuses (or is the Priusi?) all the drivers talking on their wi-fi enabled iphones, blue toothed to their vehicles.  

That with the combination of lithium ion batteries was causing a tear in the cosmic universe and  I realized out of self preservation I better haul on out of there.

Luckily I made it just in time, because in my rear view mirror I saw little black cars and cameras melting their users.    It was like a scene from Raiders Of The Lost Arc.

(I think, because when I looked back I was going pretty fast).   It just could have been a billboard for an apocalyptic movie, it's kind of hard to tell reality from fiction in L.A.

Whew . . . close call and thanks for the wireless warning, as I'm sure it saved me.

Now does this mean you and I can't exchange our favorite tofu recipes?  

Ok, I'll rise above the acrimony and start.  

My favorite Tofu salad has a Pastrami sandwich on top.

What's yours?

IMO

BC

*FYI once again your data is skewed.  

Fast driving is not the number one road hazard or cause of traffic deaths.

First is distracted driving, second is drug/alcohol use, third is fatigue and fourth is speeding.

Just thought you might want to update one of your charts.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:50:41 PM by bcooter » Logged

Schewe

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
ReplyReply

It was like a scene from Radars Of The Lost Arc.

Radars? As in speed trap? Or was this a Freudian slip for Raiders of the Lost Ark?

That's what you get when you are posting to LuLa on your mobile phone while speeding on the 10. Spellcheck is a bitch!

:~)
bcooter

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Radars? As in speed trap? Or was this a Freudian slip for Raiders of the Lost Ark?

That's what you get when you are posting to LuLa on your mobile phone while speeding on the 10. Spellcheck is a bitch!

:~)

Jeff,

I was trying to avoid copyright infringement.  Spielberg is tough.

Ok, you caught me, I was really texting on the 10.

I stopped in the middle lane and fixed it now.

BC
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:51:53 PM by bcooter » Logged

FredBGG

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
ReplyReply

IMO

BC

*FYI once again your data is skewed.  

Fast driving is not the number one road hazard or cause of traffic deaths.

First is distracted driving, second is drug/alcohol use, third is fatigue and fourth is speeding.

Just thought you might want to update one of your charts.

Depends on how you look at this... When speeding can't be proved fatigue or distraction is the best excuse to choose.

Anyway even if speeding is the fourth cause of traffic death... does that some how make you a model citizen behind the wheel while speeding at 95mph?
I wonder what you were driving....
Chris Barrett

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Man... country music makes me want to stab my earholes.

no relevance intended.
FredBGG

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Man... country music makes me want to stab my earholes.

no relevance intended.

I hope your talking about the nasty over commercialized type with an overdose of patriotism and exaggerated truck/gun pride.

Aside from that there is some very beautiful country/folk music. It can be a bit hard to find, but it's out there.

eronald

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2013, 09:11:57 PM »
ReplyReply

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent." („Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.“)

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
fredjeang2

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Fast driving is not the big cause of road deaths.

Look at Germany highways. Very well known.

Slow driving actually allows bad drivers to...,well, drive, but with less concentration.

Then , the disaster comes when you put in the hands of the bad-slow-drivers, or wanabee 16 years old guy, a fast car.
Like the "nouveau riche" with money.

It would costs me way less to insure a Ferrari now that when I started to drive a wreak at my 18'.
According to insurance statistics, real sports cars in the hand of more than 35 years old drivers hardly have accidents.

Now...listening to country music inside a Ferrari ? Boooo.

Ps: in fact the real noise of this Prius is similar to my girlfriend electric dildo noise "zzzzzzzzzzz"
It would suits well with Pat Boone. This zzzzzz.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:53:24 AM by fredjeang2 » Logged
Chris Barrett

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Fred... you're awesome, Man.
fredjeang2

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Oh, thanks Chris.

That's what I'm trying my girlfriend to admit, but it's not working so far. (maybe because of the zzzzz dildo).

I will show her your post and say: "see?"

Don't delete it please.
eronald

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 09:26:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Oh, thanks Chris.

That's what I'm trying my girlfriend to admit, but it's not working so far. (maybe because of the zzzzz dildo).

I will show her your post and say: "see?"

Don't delete it please.

I've heard that after the self-sufficient, infinitely repeatable and adjustable, perfection of electronic ... photography, it's difficult to go back to ... film Smiley

Edmund
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:29:55 AM by eronald » Logged

Edmund Ronald, Ph.D. 
jsch

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Fast driving is not the big cause of road deaths.

Look at Germany highways. Very well known.

Slow driving actually allows bad drivers to...,well, drive, but with less concentration.

Then , the disaster comes when you put in the hands of the bad-slow-drivers, or wanabee 16 years old guy, a fast car.
Like the "nouveau riche" with money.

Ps: in fact the real noise of this Prius is similar to my girlfriend electric dildo noise "zzzzzzzzzzz"
It would suits well with Pat Boone. This zzzzzz.

German highways: It is true there are a lot of crazy people. If any other technology would cause so many deads as driving, it would be instantly forbidden.

zzzzzzzzz-noise: The german author Johann Wolfgang von Goethe put the following words into the mouth of mephisto:

[... To lead the women, learn the special feeling!
Their everlasting aches and groans,
In thousand tones,
Have all one source, one mode of healing; …]
Exchange mode with point. The original text says the german word for point. It is an easy guess, which point was meant by Goethe.

[... Besonders lernt die Weiber führen;
Es ist ihr ewig Weh und Ach
So tausendfach
Aus einem Punkte zu kurieren, ...]

So the cure today seems to be the dildo. Men are not needed any longer. O tempora o mores.

Fortunately there are also girls who prefer the old fashioned way: Girls like Barbarella or Marina.

Rule number one – is that you gotta have fun: http://vimeo.com/50477626

Rule number two – be off topic.
Rule number three – be off topic.

Best,
Johannes
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:00:23 AM by jsch » Logged
fredjeang2

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
ReplyReply

Cool video. Great boys casting and concept. Enjoyed it.

I always find that still people going to motion have more hardtime in the editing aspect (and audio). Image are generally well acheived but montages are way too slow,
specially when mixed with music, they generaly lack rythm, percussion and election of takes and planes are "out" the story telling. (following a pattern of composition)
Don't know if this video has been done by "still crew" but it smells like. (the cutting doesn't always match what the music-emotion transmits and it's very typical)
This song and video have very powerfull editing options but it looks more like still pros work because they were not fully exploited in the motion lenguage during the entire lengh.
There are very good parts, right on the money, but then weak parts that break the buzz and look a little out or added at the last moment.
(maybe it's a motion crew, I don't know but reminds me more of dejà-vu with pros freshly to motion)

I've seen this in 99% of still imagery people going to motion, even after years.

That's why good editors are keys people within the pipeline, and not "photographers that use their studio FC" and are used to control everything, it doesn't work.
I would say that a good sound tech and a good editor are the 2 pilars, even more important that image quality or cc itself because it's generally the weakest always,
even with experienced crews.

Good example for inspiration study and not doing the typical "weaknesses" of still imagers, Take a look for ex at this dude: http://www.jonasakerlund.com/

That said: zzzzzzzz

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:59:31 AM by fredjeang2 » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad