Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Michael's take on Adobe CC  (Read 14036 times)
Morris Taub

« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2013, 02:15:44 AM »
ReplyReply

This debate is getting wrongly biased.

The protest against the CC model is not coming from amateurs vs professionals, it is also not coming from photographers vs graphic designers/other types of PS users. The current reaction is coming from individual users vs corporate customers.

I know many freelance pro graphic designers in Japan who use PS and Illustrator are just as outraged as I am by the decision of Adobe.

I know for a fact that those users were core targets of Adobe, and although I Adobe will probably not be willing to share their customers stats, my guess is that individual users represent a significant chunk of their user base.

Cheers,
Bernard

same here Bernard, I know people using one or two programs that won't be happy...the amateur vs. pro stuff is secondary...a diversion at best...

bns

« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Isn’t it funny, sort of. Many very different users of Adobe products all of a sudden realize that their work is heavily dependent on the stability of Adobe. Don’t even people who approve of the CC scheme – photographers, designers, in fact any user - now think a moment longer about "do I/we have an adequate escape scenario just in case Adobe fumbles". Too little competition for too long.

To me it seems that Adobe has made that very clear to the world. The situation can only improve from now on.

In the meantime, for me personally, LR is all I need.

Boudewijn Swanenburg

If it can't be done with Lightroom, I don't do it.
Ronny Nilsen

« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2013, 08:46:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Getting the CC for $20/month seems like a fair deal from Adobe, but her in Norway the price of CC is about $90/month, and $36 for a single app. That is not such a great deal.  Sad

All the other issues aside, the price alone is hard to justify for somebody that have this as a hobby...

Ronny

thierrylegros396

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes the price for Europe are really to much higher than US prices !!

The difference is even more higher than the ever existing ones for perpetual licenses.
SeanA

« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2013, 03:42:07 PM »
ReplyReply

The people that should really be worried about this are the gurus Like Schewe, Kelby, Caponigro, it aint the pros taking their seminars and buying their books. Heck most of the high end pros are selling themselves as Photoshop gurus now to us amatuers. No Photoshop for us amateurs no need for courses and workshops, maybe the odd lightroom book and that's it.   hell this is probably going to save me a fortune.  Thanks adobe.  no more napp thats $80 , no more kelby training, that's 180$ the savings are adding up already.

Sad though I have spent a small fortune of my discretionary income with the "hobby".  But then again I'm loving capture one these days.

Sean
Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
ReplyReply

The people that should really be worried about this are the gurus Like Schewe, Kelby, Caponigro, it aint the pros taking their seminars and buying their books. Heck most of the high end pros are selling themselves as Photoshop gurus now to us amatuers. No Photoshop for us amateurs no need for courses and workshops, maybe the odd lightroom book and that's it.   hell this is probably going to save me a fortune.  Thanks adobe.  no more napp thats $80 , no more kelby training, that's 180$ the savings are adding up already.

Sad though I have spent a small fortune of my discretionary income with the "hobby".  But then again I'm loving capture one these days.

Sean

Was thinking just the same.

However, I've been saving going on a decade by teaching myself what I need to know about image editing apps and reading quite a few of the digital imaging support forums like this one to weed out any snags like what I'm just experiencing right now with my new intro into LR4 and the Raw Engine mismatch with the current flavor of photoshop.

And I remember reading something about this a year or so ago which scared me away from upgrading and now forgot about it. Try figuring out XMP, EXIF, IPTC metadata entry and embedding into images to discover a new level of exhausting complexity.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 04:17:25 PM by tlooknbill » Logged
Gulag

« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »
ReplyReply

The people that should really be worried about this are the gurus Like Schewe, Kelby, Caponigro, it aint the pros taking their seminars and buying their books. Heck most of the high end pros are selling themselves as Photoshop gurus now to us amatuers. No Photoshop for us amateurs no need for courses and workshops, maybe the odd lightroom book and that's it.   hell this is probably going to save me a fortune.  Thanks adobe.  no more napp thats $80 , no more kelby training, that's 180$ the savings are adding up already.

Sad though I have spent a small fortune of my discretionary income with the "hobby".  But then again I'm loving capture one these days.

Sean

My take is that many of us who have learned Photoshop will like need to unlearn it, and perhaps to learn something else. Adobe doesn't put a gun to everyone's head, and I know it's hard but you've got to make your choice.

“For art to be art it has to cure.”  - Alejandro Jodorowsky
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad