Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: The Adobe Creative Cloud Storm  (Read 15799 times)
BartvanderWolf

« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2013, 07:00:16 AM »
ReplyReply

However I don't understand why anyone feels their images will be held hostage. Everything I shoot is in Canon, Nikon or Phase One format, not Adobe.

That's because they approach their work-files as a work-in-progress. The Raw conversion is one of several steps towards the final product, which will include Smart Objects and adjustment layers that may work in a proprietary manner. Once flattened, or when the functionality has ceased to be available, one needs to start all over from scratch if something can or needs to be improved/altered, thus losing valuable time.

Cheers,
Bart
Isaac

« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »
ReplyReply

...one needs to start all over from scratch if something can or needs to be improved/altered...

Sometimes. Sometimes one may start from the flattened tiff and improve/alter.
Isaac

« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2013, 11:56:44 AM »
ReplyReply

... but for others who only need PS and LR, it seems to be a different story. I see no reason why they can't offer PS as a purchasable product along with LR.

Perhaps Adobe think they do --
For those who don't like the subscriptions, the Creative Suite 6 software released last year "is a reasonable alternative," he said. "We'll continue to sell it and continue to maintain it.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad