Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sending a contact sheet to a file  (Read 832 times)
PeterAit

« on: May 11, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
ReplyReply

I recently took photos at a fashion show (don't ask) and wanted to send a few dozen of them to a friend. Rather than exporting all these individual jpegs, I wanted to put thumbnails into a single file for easy viewing. I could not figure out how to do this. As LR is an Adobe product, I am surprised that it does not have PDF support built in (or I am missing it). The Print module will do just what I want, but only to paper. Tanks for any ideas.

Peter
"Photographic technique is a means to an end, never the end itself."
View my photos at http://www.peteraitken.com
JRSmit

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »
ReplyReply

I recently took photos at a fashion show (don't ask) and wanted to send a few dozen of them to a friend. Rather than exporting all these individual jpegs, I wanted to put thumbnails into a single file for easy viewing. I could not figure out how to do this. As LR is an Adobe product, I am surprised that it does not have PDF support built in (or I am missing it). The Print module will do just what I want, but only to paper. Tanks for any ideas.
With the print function you can also print to a file, it will be a jpeg. Perhaps you know how to convert that tot pdf.

Fine art photography: www.janrsmit.com
Courses and workshops: www.centrumbeeldbeleving.nl

Jan R. Smit
jrsforums

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 03:43:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Not built in, but....

I have Acrobat and can select the 'Adobe PDF' "printer" to create a PDF in LR.

If you Google 'PDF creator' you should find a free one which works.

John
PeterAit

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
ReplyReply

That's good idea. Thanks.

Peter
tomrock

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »
ReplyReply

It's built in to LR. In the Print module, scroll down to Print Job and there's a dropdown for printing to a printer or a jpeg file. It's just above the Draft Mode Printing checkbox.
PeterAit

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
ReplyReply

It's built in to LR. In the Print module, scroll down to Print Job and there's a dropdown for printing to a printer or a jpeg file. It's just above the Draft Mode Printing checkbox.

Thanks! LR has all sorts of goodies if you know where to find them (or where to ask!).

Peter
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad