Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Hard light  (Read 744 times)
gerafotografija

« on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Many years ago, I took a close up of a some snow and ice crystals on a dark shale-like rock ledge in Rocky Mountain NP. The contrasty print I made from that roll of film hangs nicely next to softer views of a peak near Long's and an early Spring waterfall.

The hard light and extreme contrast of the image below reminds me of that shale and ice contrast, while the one I posted earlier today was the result of searching for softer light as a counterpoint.

The thin shafts of sunlight in the forest that make these photos possible are plentiful now that the leaves have filled Winter gaps in the canopy. It makes for some intense natural chiaroscurro effects.

wolfnowl

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:52:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Interesting.  It might just be the jpg but I would say there's too much loss of detail at the confluence of the three leaves.  Other than that, I rather like it.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
gerafotografija

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the comment. I see what you mean, it looks like maybe I overdid it keeping the DOF a bit too short or not centered on the intersection point there.

wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the OOF spot in the center of the image, but where the leaves join into a 'black hole', lower right.

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad