Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Has anyone compared Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster to Canon Photo Paper Semi-Gloss  (Read 1656 times)
BigBadWolfie

« on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
ReplyReply

These papers are part of Canon's current printer rebates.  Can anyone compare the two papers?
SmileyKiley

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »
ReplyReply

I just purchased a Canon Pixma pro100 and got both Semi Gloss and Luster paper as gifts-with-purchase... to my eye, the papers are nearly identical. Luster has a slightly duller finish than Semi Gloss, which isnt really glossy at all -- both have a gorgeous, almost pearly finish.  And the print quality is simply STUNNING. I typically only print my work on cotton Matte papers, but based on the quality of this paper I may just change that.
Atlex.com

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Most of the brands, the Luster finish will have a lightly pearl/texture finish.  It's something you can't really feel, but semi-gloss will be more smooth with a very lighter sheen to it.  If you see Epson's Luster vs Semi-gloss, you can tell the difference between them while having them next to each other.  Quality wise, you may not see a huge difference; thought the Epson Luster is a top seller vs their semi-gloss.  Canon's version may be a bit different.  But that's the best way to explain from my experience with the 2 versions.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad