Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Clarifications relating to Lightroom and CC  (Read 9222 times)
Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
ReplyReply

Doh...it's as Eric explained, the most recent version of ACR/LR wins. If your ACR version is behind LR, yes, those features not found in that version of ACR will be ignored. If the most recent version is LR, then you want LR to do the rendering, not ACR. This is the way it's been since the beginning of ACR/LR versioning. Since you are new to this, it's up to you to learn this stuff.

My being new to this isn't relevant concerning the fact I'm only mentioning this as part of the "Clarification" relating to this topic of what happens when signing up CC subscription apps (Photoshop) that are closely tied to other workflows using NON-CC subscription apps such as LR that require updates/upgrades that follow different time schedules.

Glossing over with the broad statement that LR will continue to be updated to work with CC Photoshop doesn't add enough clarification on what this means to real world workflow habits for a broad range of LR users new and old who may or may not be aware of all the snags and gotcha's that may arise depending on various ways customers use these apps which are understood to function as "NON-DESTRUCTIVE" image editing apps that are becoming more complicated with each upgrade as they are made to integrate with each other.

The only thing that is most likely to be destroyed with this setup are previews which Adobe software engineers decide when it's parametric or pixel driven depending if the edits are done with a plug-in (ACR) or a standalone (LR) both do the same thing to the image with the customer paying double for it. When the "PREVIEW" is viewed in Photoshop it's deemed a pixel based image whether it came from a plug-in or a standalone parametric editor. One is on a CC subscription update/upgrade timeline and the other isn't. MORE COMPLEXITY!

All the customers are paying for is the improved PREVIEW and don't want complexity (deciding when the image is at a parametric or pixel editing stage) to change these previews because they don't keep two parametric editing apps on the same upgrade/update timeline.

Why does this crap have to be setup so damn complicated when all we want is the preview, the preview...THE PREVIEW!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:49:47 PM by Tim Lookingbill » Logged
jrsforums

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
ReplyReply

My being new to this isn't relevant concerning the fact I'm only mentioning this as part of the "Clarification" relating to this topic of what happens when signing up CC subscription apps (Photoshop) that are closely tied to other workflows using NON-CC subscription apps such as LR that require updates/upgrades that follow different time schedules.

ACR and LR have and, probably, will be kept in sync....regardless of the release of the actual products.

You may want to note the recent announcement of the release candidates.

You have the choice of upgrading or not.  If you do not, you are advised to follow the workflow as Jeff, and others, have suggested.

John
Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »
ReplyReply

ACR and LR have and, probably, will be kept in sync....regardless of the release of the actual products.

You may want to note the recent announcement of the release candidates.

You have the choice of upgrading or not.  If you do not, you are advised to follow the workflow as Jeff, and others, have suggested.

I didn't ask for workflow advise. Just making some clarifications.

How about thoroughly reading what I posted? Now there some advise for ya'.
jrsforums

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 02:48:30 PM »
ReplyReply

I didn't ask for workflow advise. Just making some clarifications.

Thanks...yer sweet  :-)

John
john beardsworth

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »
ReplyReply

Funny, I said exactly that to you. Wink

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 03:29:39 AM »
ReplyReply

...but I bet you spelled "advice" correctly, John.

Wink

It always dulls the poignancy of someone's sarky post when they reveal a lack of eduction.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:32:35 AM by PhotoEcosse » Logged

"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."
Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2013, 11:14:52 AM »
ReplyReply

...but I bet you spelled "advice" correctly, John.

Wink

It always dulls the poignancy of someone's sarky post when they reveal a lack of eduction.

You really shouldn't disparage Jeff Schewe's online writing style, though he does have editors when writing his books to help him avoid some of the grammar and misspelling yips most our age encounter.

But if this is your only come back you can drum up to my responses here, I'll take my education over yours any day and I didn't even have to go in debt to get it.

Snarky enough for ya'?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:17:13 AM by Tim Lookingbill » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad