Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Hasselblad Xpan adapter questions  (Read 593 times)
Brian Hirschfeld

« on: June 03, 2013, 06:17:22 PM »
ReplyReply

I was looking at Xpan lenses on eBay, and I was thinking about wanting to add a wide angle and a telephoto. The Hasselblad 90mm f4 is very reasonably priced at around $400 and then the 30mm lens is 3000+ dollars which seems excessive for a lens for a film camera. However, I found a couple of adapters that got me thinking.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-F-lens-to-Hasselblad-XPAN-FUJI-TX-1-TX-2-adapter-/200587222843?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item2eb3ee1f3b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-R-LR-lens-to-Hasselblad-XPAN-TX-1-TX-2-Adapter-/140573552733?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item20bad6305d

These could be interesting options, I assume the lenses will be able to cover the image area, but will they work with the rangefinder, what will happen to the viewfinder? how can I determine what focal lengths will become on the camera for fov and composing. Thoughts?

Also, if I used the Nikon F adapter, could I then put my mamiya lens to nikon f adapter, and get the huge coverage of my Mamiya N lenses?

thanks,

www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Jason Denning

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:31:25 AM »
ReplyReply

I would have thought since both the leica R and Nikon F lenses are for 35mm then they wouldn't cover the x-pan format, I don't think even the mamiya lenses will since x-pan is 72mm across and mamiya 645 is 60mm, but I could be wrong. The 50mm shift will work.

Jason

www.jasondenning.co.uk

Fotoman 617 with Rodenstock 55mm, 90mm and 180mm lenses
Mamiya 645 Pro TL, and every lens mamiya made.
Sony A7 with 35mm and 55mm Primes
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad