Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: DxO Optics Pro -- but what to use for selective adjustments?  (Read 19176 times)
Isaac

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
ReplyReply

but then nobody claimed that

I'm not trying to advocate for or against photoFXlab or LR or DxO Optics Pro or ...

I'm just trying to get the best out of some photos, and using that as an opportunity to evaluate software. In doing so, I've stumbled on this example where the combination of DxO Optics Pro and photoFXlab doesn't seem to provide an effective way to obliterate the wine bottle top that's protruding into a photo, or other background distractions.
dennbel

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Saglelight Image Editor. You can manipulate till you go blind Cool http://sagelighteditor.wordpress.com/
Isaac

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
ReplyReply

I seem to recall trying sagelight a year or two ago, and uninstalling it within a couple of days. Maybe it's improved a lot since then.
Isaac

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
ReplyReply

That's correct, but then nobody claimed that these plugins would, because they are more geared at total image enhancement, not specifically for detailed Retouch like an image pixel oriented editor. For that there are plenty of alternatives. Fortunately, most Raw converters do offer spot removal.

So can we say that DxO Pro 8 and photoFXlab isn't enough as a replacement for LR -- I need some other software to get something like the functionality of the LR Spot Removal Brush?

Is the only viable option with DxO Pro 8 and photoFXlab extract the main subject with ReMask and find an entirely different background? (That might actually work with the current image but won't in other cases.)
stamper

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 03:05:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Isaac if you post the image of what you are trying the selections on then the members can see how complex the task is and suggest the "best" solution for you.

Isaac

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
ReplyReply

what you are trying the selections on

an effective way to obliterate the wine bottle top that's protruding into a photo, or other background distractions.
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad