Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Lightroom 5 video .pdf file  (Read 1334 times)
John McDermott

« on: June 13, 2013, 08:10:31 PM »
ReplyReply

The introduction mentioned a .pdf file of the table of contents. Can't seem to find it. Is it available yet?
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »
ReplyReply

No, but I'll be creating it today and will post it on that page along with other relevent info.

In the meantime if you would like to watch another freebie from the tutorial, this one is on the 'best practices' of upgrading a Lightroom4 (or earlier) catalog to Lightroom 5

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
Dale Villeponteaux

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:03 AM »
ReplyReply

God looks after fools and the ignorant, or else I was lucky.  I simply upgraded to LR 5 and there my catalog was, pristine and intact.

Gratefully,
Dale V

A modest man, with much to be modest about
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
ReplyReply

For me the most useful aspect of Jeff's advice was the renaming of the lrcat file and the previews...

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
Box Brownie

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
ReplyReply

God looks after fools and the ignorant, or else I was lucky.  I simply upgraded to LR 5 and there my catalog was, pristine and intact.

Gratefully,
Dale V

Hmmm! when I upgraded from 3 to 4 it was part of the process to accept that the catalogue would be copied and the LR 3 one left intact........ and I have a Lightroom 3 and a Lightroom 4 catalogue file with their appropriately named preview catalogue files.  So is LR 5 so very different that we can end in the LR catalogue (potential) confusion that is refered to in the video???

Note ~ this is on W7 Pro SP1 not a Mac Wink

A collection of mine here http://500px.com/engramphotography
aduke

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Hmmm! when I upgraded from 3 to 4 it was part of the process to accept that the catalogue would be copied and the LR 3 one left intact........ and I have a Lightroom 3 and a Lightroom 4 catalogue file with their appropriately named preview catalogue files.  So is LR 5 so very different that we can end in the LR catalogue (potential) confusion that is refered to in the video???

Note ~ this is on W7 Pro SP1 not a Mac Wink

The only problem I had when I installed LR5 last week was the catalog name it chose. It was ugly, so changed it to match my catalog naming convention. The whole process was very straight-forward.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad