Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 5" Monitor for Nikon D800  (Read 9181 times)
RFPhotography
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »
ReplyReply

OK, so how do you get down to the required level and still handhold the camera?  I'm not trying to be critical, I'm trying to understand your setup.
BobDavid

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »
ReplyReply

Why do you need a large monitor to handhold the camera to photograph dogs?

Judging by your website, I see that you are a tripod kind of photographer.
BobDavid

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
ReplyReply

The low stool is adjustable and on wheels.
RFPhotography
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Yes and no.  There's plenty of handheld stuff on there as well. 
David Watson

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the info! I maybe could use it for my 40ft tripod...

I have a friend who uses Camranger to control his Nikon D2S on top of a 50ft tripod and it works very well.

David Watson ARPS
BobDavid

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
ReplyReply

I purchased an Ikan VK7i-SU 7" HDMI Field Monitor With the Nikon EN-N Battery Plate. It has HDMI in and HDMI out, 1280 X 800 resolution, and it runs off either an AC adapter or a Nikon EN-EL 15 battery. $450. My decision required a lot of research. I hope it works out.

The Ikan VK7i arrived and broke the second I attached the battery plate to the monitor. The actual picture was beautiful, but the hardware components are cheaply built. I sent it back and am expecting delivery of a 7" Marshall monitor. At over twice the price, I'm expecting a better piece of kit. To be continued...
BobDavid

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
ReplyReply

The Marshall is great, better than I expected. Too bad it's impossible to shoot action stills in real-time with live view on the d800. It's very handy for copy stand work and great for reviewing photos with clients. I also like it for setting up still life pictures.
SunnyUK

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:30 AM »
ReplyReply

CamRanger sounds like a great tool.

I tried to use the Eye-Fi but wasn't happy with the flakiness of the connection - one minute everything seemed fine, and the next day I couldn't get it to connect no matter what I tried.
Ellis Vener

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
ReplyReply

here's a production shot from yesterday. To clearly show what is going on I cheated and had the camera I took the photo with trigger the lights instead of the one in the picture. The white background is the fill light:  a 6 x 6 foot Chimera frame with a 1/2 stop scrim  and behind that is an Einstein 640 monolight firing into an umbrella. The spotlight on the flies is a Lumopro LP 180 in a mount I made to use battery powered flash with a Plume,ltd. Chimney grid holder/reflector. A speedotron 3 degree grid is mounted in the Chimney.  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:26:34 PM by Ellis Vener » Logged

Ellis Vener
http://www.ellisvener.com
Creating photographs for advertising, corporate and industrial clients since 1984.
EdB

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm late to the party as usual but have you looked at the offerings from Small HD? I have the DP6 and use it primarily for video but have used it for stills off a D600 flown on a 15 foot boom (trigger is FW) 2 stories up. Worked great.
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad