Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Lyson Fotonic XG Inks  (Read 446 times)
Remo Nonaz

« on: July 29, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Can anyone report on Lyson Fotonic XG inks for the Epson 1400/1430 printers? I'm looking for a cost effective, dye-based alternative to Epson Claria inks that is at least reasonably light fast. I've been using MIS D2 inks, which look good initially and cost 1/40th the cost of Epson ink, but they fade quickly. Aardenburg-Imaging now has the MIS-D2 on Red River UltraPro Satin paper in their test results and at 10 megalux-hours it looks pretty bad. At 20 megalux-hours it is horrible. Their results are consistent with what I've seen in prints I've hung in well-lit environments.

Lyson Fotonic XG is 1/10 the cost of Epson, and four time more expensive than MIS-D2, but would be a good value if the images don't fade away in a year.

There was a rumor that MIS was coming out with an "archival quality" dye ink. Has anyone heard anything confirming this?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:55:39 AM by Remo Nonaz » Logged

I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad