Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Fuji raw processing issues  (Read 2534 times)
armand

« on: July 30, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
ReplyReply

I've had some issues in the past with the red spectrum processing but this seems pretty bad. It is more on the magenta/purple side than red, but I can see it for the red also.
I posted the unedited ooc jpg and the raw shot at the same time with the initial Lightroom interpretation. The jpg are far more true to what it was.
How do you even deal with this? I play with the sliders but I can't get the color quite right. If you shoot just raw you might not even realize it that easily.
Interestingly I don't see the obvious shift in all the shots.
Telecaster

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
ReplyReply

I've been mostly using my X-E1's on-board RAW processing rather than any external software. This produces a JPEG, of course, but with care one that requires little additional post work.

Other software, like Iridient Developer, C1 & even Aperture seem to do a better job with the X sensors than Lightroom/ACR, but IMO no-one has yet really got it. Given the unique color filter matrix I expect it'll just take further work by the various third parties...

I've recently re-processed some of my 10-year-old Canon 10D RAWs with current software. Yow! In quite a few cases the improvements in both spatial detail and tonal gradation are significant. Sure wish I could retroactively upgrade photos shot on now fading 1970s-era E6 to the latest & greatest.   Smiley

-Dave-
Doug Peterson

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
ReplyReply

+1 try with latest version of c1 and post results

DOUG PETERSON (dep@digitaltransitions.com), Digital Transitions
Dealer for Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Profoto
Office: 877.367.8537
Cell: 740.707.2183
Phase One IQ250 FAQ
JV

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
ReplyReply

but IMO no-one has yet really got it.

I fully agree. 

I have tried SilkyPix, Iridient Developer and Capture 1. 

Depending on the type of image (people/landscape, high/low ISO, etc) one might have an edge over the other but none of them blows the competition away. 
Vladimirovich

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »
ReplyReply

I have tried SilkyPix

the latest relevant update too ?

MAY/27/2013 Ver.5.0.39.0 (not OEM version shipped w/ camera)

- Image quality improvement of a development for photographs filmed with a
      digital camera which uses X-Trans CMOS sensor. The improved image processing
      algorithm reduces several undesirable effects (moire, etc.) but keeps
      high resolution of a photograph.
      In addition, color reproducibility of photographs filmed under specific
      conditions is improved.
snoleoprd

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Actually Fuji just published the new updated version of Silkypix and can be downloaded from the Fuji site:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/myfinepix_studio/rfc/win/index.html

Alan

Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Vladimirovich

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Actually Fuji just published the new updated version of Silkypix and can be downloaded from the Fuji site:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/myfinepix_studio/rfc/win/index.html

Alan

indeed, it probably has (or certainly shall have) the relevant enhancements, but otherwise it is still SilkyPix v3 w/ such enhancements, not SilkyPix v5 Pro , which can be obtained cheap for existing owners of Fuji cameras (special promotion) = http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/f/
snoleoprd

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Well it may be a discounted price at around $220 us for the upgrade for Fuji camera owners, I find C1 and Lightroom to be a lot more useful. I pretty much process all my X-Pro 1 files in C1, I like the color and sharpness, and then catalog in Lightroom. I may eventually move over to C1 for everything, but so familiar with Lightroom and that is where all my existing catalogs are it makes DAM  a lot easier for me.

Alan

Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Vladimirovich

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Well it may be a discounted price at around $220 us for the upgrade for Fuji camera owners
strange... similar update for Panasonic users (from free OEM SP to SP v5 Pro, locked just for only Panasonic cameras raw files) is like Yen 3800 ( http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/campaign/forpana/ ) = USD $40 or less... Fuji seems to be more costly  Wink
snoleoprd

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
ReplyReply

The difference seems to be it is the full featured version that has support for many other cameras, so the discount is not much. It would not be worth it for me, I never liked the interface that much, maybe I am getting to old and set in my ways but after having to learn C1 again (used the early version with my Canon cameras) after many years of Adobe Lightroom/RAW took a lot of effort to get the results I wanted. So I don't think I would want to make the effort to squeeze out the best from Silkypix.

Alan

Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad