Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 43886 times)
Richowens

« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Jim,

Mine are in alphabetical order by default in 5.4, Win7.

Rich

aduke

« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2014, 05:05:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Jim,

On my Window 7 system, the smart collections are listed first, then the regular collection.

Alan
Richowens

« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Yes, the collection groups first, then the regular collections and at the bottom I have two book collections and three print collections.

Jim may be referring to some other capability than what I am understanding.

Rich

Jim-St

« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Sorry if I was unclear in my last post: I meant I'd like to have the option to sort files by Title within Collections, not just to sort Collections by Title  Embarrassed

In other words, I'd like to see Title added to the Sort menu below the grid view of a collection, which at present is quite limited in scope (see attached) and it's a pain to sort 50 images in a collection by Title manually

Glenn NK

« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »
ReplyReply

We all think our own special requests won't be that difficult to program....

John

And we all think that our "requirements" won't affect the responsiveness of LR.  Roll Eyes

Glenn

Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources
Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2014, 10:32:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Its been some time now...Anyone want to vote on the initial post?
I have a thought that since Photoshop is now in heaven, perhaps LR would have a chance to evolve its capabilities...At least only in having the options of doing things mentioned initially and many of the wonderful and key points made by you.

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Richowens

« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Sorry if I was unclear in my last post: I meant I'd like to have the option to sort files by Title within Collections, not just to sort Collections by Title  Embarrassed

In other words, I'd like to see Title added to the Sort menu below the grid view of a collection, which at present is quite limited in scope (see attached) and it's a pain to sort 50 images in a collection by Title manually

Now I understand, sounds very useful.

Rich

ihv

« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2014, 03:06:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Little guessing game:

- no beta this time for LR6
- announced 18th of June
- set in stone features (found in ACR beta): gradients and radial filter can be edited/modified with the brush tool
- the same process version
- improvements in other modules (Huh)

Not much to wait.

john beardsworth

« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2014, 03:26:23 AM »
ReplyReply

I'd really like to be able to sort Collections by alphabetical order of Title .... Not sure if John's ListView does this.....

Yes, it does. But I agree, one shouldn't be forced to use a plug-in for sorting by such common fields.

Jim-St

« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2014, 07:30:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes, it does. But I agree, one shouldn't be forced to use a plug-in for sorting by such common fields.

Thanks John, good to know there is a solution!

Jim
smahn

« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »
ReplyReply

I'd love an upgraded camera tether function that includes live view and automated focus/exposure bracketing.
alifatemi

« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
ReplyReply

I like LR to also delete the file in my backup drive when I choose "remove from the disk" because after you deleting  lots of pictures from the disc, they are still in back up drive and its annoying to delete them one by one. At least it can give you the option if you want to delete them or not

Ali
elied

« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2014, 07:43:15 AM »
ReplyReply

How would it know there is backup and where it is?

Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams the news
jjj

« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
ReplyReply

I like LR to also delete the file in my backup drive when I choose "remove from the disk" because after you deleting  lots of pictures from the disc, they are still in back up drive and its annoying to delete them one by one. At least it can give you the option if you want to delete them or not
Sync your back up drive/folders to the main drive and you're sorted. Lots and lots of software that can do that for you.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography
Simon Garrett

« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Sync your back up drive/folders to the main drive and you're sorted. Lots and lots of software that can do that for you.

Yes, this isn't really something LR can do - not safely.  It's something you have to arrange in conjunction with your backup software.  Loads of stuff does that.  I use the Microsoft utility Robocopy.  Look for something that can do mirror copies or synchronised copies. 

Note that this sort of thing is a bit dangerous if you don't have a multi-copy backup system, or some archive system.  Otherwise, the moment you mistakenly delete a file, it's also gone from your backup!
jjj

« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Note that this sort of thing is a bit dangerous if you don't have a multi-copy backup system, or some archive system.  Otherwise, the moment you mistakenly delete a file, it's also gone from your backup!
Not quite as until you empty Trash on the Mac or Recycle bin on PC, it's still hanging around. But once they are emptied....
Also recovering deleted files is quite easy as until written over they are still there.

alifatemi

« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »
ReplyReply

How would it know there is backup and where it is?

When you import file in LR, it also asks where to put the backup files so it supposed to has FAT of all backed-up files I think.

Ali
jjj

« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »
ReplyReply

When you import file in LR, it also asks where to put the backup files so it supposed to has FAT of all backed-up files I think.
But that's a waste of time as it doesn't then take note of your alterations once in LR, so you may as well back your work up properly.

dreed

« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2014, 10:11:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Better talk to MSFT bud, because until the print pipeline in Windows can handle 16 bits, neither LR nor PS can send a full 16 bit output to the print driver. (besides, you really are not losing much of anything b not having it...)

Jeff, can I ask that either you or Michael or the two of you write up an essay on this? I suppose the implication here is that the Apple versions of LR/PS can deliver 16bit output to the print driver and print using that rather than from an 8bit image. As a Windows users, I never suspected this kind of difference, now I'm wondering if all the professionals use Apple for good reason (aside from usability preferences) but you're suggesting not? The pixel peeper in me is curious about this topic (and I'm sure others would be too!) but this thread doesn't seem the right place for it.
wtlloyd

« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2014, 07:46:31 AM »
ReplyReply

It would REALLY be USEFUL to have histogram pixel readouts and clipping indicators in Library.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad