Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Hasselblad no longer servicing H3D (or earlier) digital backs  (Read 11394 times)
nad54

« on: August 07, 2013, 02:34:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Was told by Hasselblad last week that they are no longer servicing H3D (or earlier) digital backs. Just don't scratch that sensor cover whilst cleaning it, or get condensation behind it, or break the firewire port or...
I have bailed out on MFD, a very, very expensive exercise.
KLaban

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 03:26:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Was told by Hasselblad last week that they are no longer servicing H3D (or earlier) digital backs. Just don't scratch that sensor cover whilst cleaning it, or get condensation behind it, or break the firewire port or...
I have bailed out on MFD, a very, very expensive exercise.

Just to be clear, H3D11 cameras/backs are still fully suported and can be serviced by Hasselblad. H2D-22, H2D-39, H3D-22, H3D-39 and other older cameras/backs can still have IR Filter and Linkboard replacements.

Full details http://hasselbladbron.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=59&Itemid=128

nad54

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:23:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for clarifying. I was told by the Pro Centre in London the IR replacement had been discontinued.
Douglas Fairbank

Classic V, support for V system cameras in the UK

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Just to be clear, H3D11 cameras/backs are still fully suported and can be serviced by Hasselblad. H2D-22, H2D-39, H3D-22, H3D-39 and other older cameras/backs can still have IR Filter and Linkboard replacements.

Full details http://hasselbladbron.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=59&Itemid=128

That statement may be true for the USA but it could be different for other countries. The fact that Hasselblad have closed some of their support centres does not mean that authorised servicing has ceased, it may be supported by independents.
Classic V has provided authorised service for the V system since closure of the UK service department in November 2012 in the UK and I have put in a request for my authorised status to extend to the H cameras. In other countries this has already happened, www.B23.dk in Denmark for example.

Check the status in your own country on the relevant Hasselblad website.

Douglas Fairbank LRPS
KLaban

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »
ReplyReply

That statement may be true for the USA but it could be different for other countries. The fact that Hasselblad have closed some of their support centres does not mean that authorised servicing has ceased, it may be supported by independents.
Classic V has provided authorised service for the V system since closure of the UK service department in November 2012 in the UK and I have put in a request for my authorised status to extend to the H cameras. In other countries this has already happened, www.B23.dk in Denmark for example.

Check the status in your own country on the relevant Hasselblad website.

Douglas, fingers firmly crossed for you. There are those who will feel more confident with this in place, myself included.

As I said elsewhere, it would have been more reassuring had Hasselblad put authorised servicing in place before making this announcement.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:46:05 AM by KLaban » Logged

jerome_m

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 02:16:26 PM »
ReplyReply

For the record: I had an IR window exchanged by Hasselblad on and H3D-31 4 months ago. No problem. Hasselblad in Göteborg still services most of the H3D: the camera mechanics, basic features like the IR window and adjustment. The announcement concerns the electronics of some backs.
pedro39photo

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Anyone could confirm if this is a Hasselblad official statement? Because i am in panic...i made a huge investement in the H3DII system
wildlightphoto

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Anyone could confirm if this is a Hasselblad official statement? Because i am in panic...i made a huge investement in the H3DII system

Since you've already made the investment, I suggest using it until it's unservicable.  Panic isn't going to change your investment or the ability to get parts & service.
Doug Peterson

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 04:10:08 PM »
ReplyReply

I can confirm the authenticity of the post.

DOUG PETERSON (dep@digitaltransitions.com), Digital Transitions
Dealer for Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Profoto
Office: 877.367.8537
Cell: 740.707.2183
Phase One IQ250 FAQ
KLaban

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
ReplyReply

I have it straight from the horse's mouth, AKA Hasselblad UK service, that the H3D11 is still supported and serviced by Hasselblad.

pedro39photo

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
ReplyReply

I have it straight from the horse's mouth, AKA Hasselblad UK service, that the H3D11 is still supported and serviced by Hasselblad.

Thanks KLaban ! i have the H3DII 39MP and its great news that the complete system (body and digital back) are continued to be full  supported and serviced by Hasselblad.

But i am afraid that for the future anyone with a old H3D are hurt very much in the price if they decide to sell it...because the parts serviced are now very limited in the digital back

H2D-22, H2D-39, H3D-22, H3D-39
- Service is available for analogue repair of the H body.
- Service is limited to IR Filter and Linkboard replacements.
- HBI will provide limited technical support

Its sad to see a great H3D 39MP 15.000$ digital back to turn in to a brick or a paper weigh because of just a small tecnical malfunction like a broke lcd or a bad button contact...so sad.  

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:11:27 PM by pedro39photo » Logged
Nick-T

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »
ReplyReply

"The discontinuation of Repair & Support Services due to the complexity and expense involved, as well as limited parts availability from our partners and suppliers, also goes along with the cessation of software and firmware development for these products.
Repair & Support for Ixpress backs, Flextight Precision and Flextight 343 scanners will continue via an authorised third-party repair centre: B23. B23 is a Danish repair centre founded by former Hasselblad Service Manager Jimmy Bjaaland. Contact details can be found within the Service & Support section of the Hasselblad website."

Jason Denning

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Makes me glad I got my 132c done only last year, new filter and port! They even were even so kind to put a new casing on it as it had taken a few hits.

www.jasondenning.co.uk

Fotoman 617 with Rodenstock 55mm, 90mm and 180mm lenses
Mamiya 645 Pro TL, and every lens mamiya made.
Sony A7 with 35mm and 55mm Primes
jerome_m

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:58 AM »
ReplyReply

The statement is on Hasselblad-Broncolor site:

http://hasselbladbron.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=59&Itemid=179

It does not concern the H3DII.

Edit: changed "Hasselblad-Bronica" to "Hasselblad-Broncolor". I don't know why I wrote, "Bronica", except that it used to be a manufacturer of MF cameras...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:15:38 AM by jerome_m » Logged
HarperPhotos

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »
ReplyReply

I’m just glad I never invested a cent in the Hasselblad system.

Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand
KLaban

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 02:58:56 AM »
ReplyReply

I’m just glad I never invested a cent in the Hasselblad system.

Thanks for yet another caring contribution.

MrSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 03:43:32 AM »
ReplyReply

So a camera purchased in 2007 now now longer has full support?
That's a poor show from Hblad, maybe their policy is now chasing new markets as it costs to much to offer a service to existing customers.
Stefan.Steib

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 03:55:44 AM »
ReplyReply

it´s the same like Sinar - I wanted to buy a nearly new EMotion 75LV when I had to hear that by the end of this march 2013 Sinar stopped all service for these backs.
About the same Age, this one was bought new 2008 when I take the sellers saying about his purchase. So I dropped the deal.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done this all the time"
www.hartblei.de     www.hcam.de    www.spectralize.com
KLaban

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 04:10:55 AM »
ReplyReply

That's a poor show from Hblad, maybe their policy is now chasing new markets as it costs to much to offer a service to existing customers.

I have to agree, six years of full support is a poor show. What ever happened to the aim of offering support for 10 years minimum? As I said earlier they should have put authorised support and service in place before making this announcement.

Gosh, that's got to be a first, I'm actually agreeing with MrSmith on matters Hasselblad. 

jerome_m

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 07:21:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you know any company manufacturing cameras which include digital electronic parts and which warranties service for longer than 5 years? Serious question.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad