A while ago, I developed an App called NuvoFocus, which performs several critical tasks for Tech Camera users.
But, I decided not to bring the App to market after extensive beta testings and market studies. There were several reasons for my decision and the following were most critical.
1. iOS App Store does not allow 'free trial' period.
2. Selling and maintaing an App via iOS App Store requires a substantial investment both in money and time.
3. Difficulty of providing technical supports.
4. iOS App Store is not designed to sell an App which is 'professional, expensive and with small potential market.' (Today, the average price of an iOS App is16¢, while 90% are free and 6% is at 99¢)
I have decided to give it another try, this time as a spreadsheet running on iPhone or iPad, and distribute it independently, since I strongly believe many benefits to Tech Camera users.
The program have following functions:
1. Calculate HFD (for given focal length, aperture and CoC settings).
2. Calculate the DOF for a given subject distance (for given focal length, aperture and CoC settings).
3. Calculate the focus distance for given Near and Far DoF distance.
4. Calculate the required Lens Tilt Angle, with or without camera tilt, and required focus distance setting.
5. Indexed Focus Setting with Lens Equation (translate focus distance into an index)
I have a detailed description of the program and how to get a free trial copy on GetDPI Forum.
Please check it out at:http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/45017-talking-technical-tech-cameras-2.html