Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Any RX1R shooters here?  (Read 1874 times)
Dave Panno

« on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Would love to get your feedback on the IQ.

I have a RX1 and have considered switching as I mostly shoot landscapes. 

A friend has agreed to buy my RX1 should I decide to sell but even so it will be a bit of money to do so.

It is somewhat easier to justify since I have almost exclusively used it since purchase.  It really works for me.

Thanks in advance for your input and images.

Dave

Eric Brody

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
ReplyReply

I see you've had no replies in 2 days. They must all be out using their cameras. Were I fortunate enough to have one, that's what I'd be doing. Wink
Dave Panno

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »
ReplyReply

You are probably right.  I see very little feedback on the webs.

Undecided

Dale_Cotton2

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Came across this just now:
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/08/26/user-report-sony-rx1r-and-leica-s2-in-glacier-national-park-montana-by-eeraj-qaisar/

Subjective stuff only, but perhaps of some use; and you get an S2 report thrown in for free. ;)
Dave Panno

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Clearly the RX1 excels in a landscape enviroment.  Still wondering if it makes sense for me as an "all around" camera relative to my RX1.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

Eric Brody

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Lloyd Chambers is planning to compare the two cameras in the near future on his blog. You may like him or not but he is usually pretty objective (except for his apparent hatred for the Fuji X sensor). He seems to love the RX1 and RX100.
Dave Panno

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Hearing mixed reports.  Incresed resolution with notable increase in CA, and moire (expected) and a decrease in DR/increase in noise (unexpected).

I have a buddy that had a RX1 and sold it to buy a RX1R.  He just sold that and repurchased a "regular".

Seems the RX1R might be the best for resolution junkies but the RX1 might produce somewhat sweeter images.

We will see.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad