Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: What is art?  (Read 5623 times)
mezzoduomo

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 05:28:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Simplicity is often the key to something impressive, much as a bloody nose also delivers an unmistakable, if simple, stark message.

"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." Frederic Chopin
Peter Stacey

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
ReplyReply

No, it was most definitely not a compliment. It was (I don't know why I have so say this over and over) an expression of my opinion that sharpness and technique are A MEANS TO AN END and not THE END ITSELF. If you don't understand this, there's really nothing more I can say.

I do understand it. Perfectly. I just don't agree that's it's a problem on LuLa, which is where it was directed.

This forum has one of the strongest focus on artistic meaning or value in an image of any photography forum on the internet. There is also a lot of technical discussion here, but not to the point of technique being superior to meaning.

That in my view is why this thread started wrong.

It criticised a fantom group that exists elsewhere, but not here on LuLa. Nothing wrong with the message of the magnet, though it's somewhat narrow and limited.

Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad