Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 14 Immense Scientific Instruments You Won't Believe Are Real  (Read 812 times)
wolfnowl

« on: September 02, 2013, 01:52:07 AM »
ReplyReply

These are pretty amazing for geeks like me, and some of the photography is pretty incredible too!

http://gizmodo.com/14-immense-scientific-instruments-you-wont-believe-are-1200943611

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
francois

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:08:00 AM »
ReplyReply

These are pretty amazing for geeks like me, and some of the photography is pretty incredible too!

http://gizmodo.com/14-immense-scientific-instruments-you-wont-believe-are-1200943611

Mike.

Powerful machinery!

Francois
Petrus

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:16:22 AM »
ReplyReply

There are several pictures from CERN there.

Do you know why there have been no contacts from highly developed alien civilizations?

Simple answer: when a civilization gets to a certain level of technology, it invariably builds a Large Hadron Collider...

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
ReplyReply

That illustrates the diversity of mankind. I find all of that stuff both incredibly clever and absolutely of no personal interest to me.

It's the same with digital photography. I accept it's there, know there are no real alternatives to the computer today and so, in the attempt to keep on clicking, I muddle through as best I can. But the heart's kicked out of me; the visceral bit's gone. In a way, it's rap vs jazz. I do because of the lack of alternative pastimes, but mostly all the love has gone into the memory banks.

Rob C

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad