Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Smug thoughts  (Read 1793 times)
Harlem22

« on: September 06, 2013, 03:07:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Too much Syria and Snowdon-Discussion here. So before we all together fall into depression I want to share my pride and joy with you.

I'm just sitting with a glass of my best red wine and looking at the picture of Benjamin, my very first grandchild born a few hours ago. I feel that this event is one more important mile-stone in my life and I remember when Myriam, my older daughter, was born 31 years ago. A lot had been happen in these years. She was a little cute baby like this one and the time goes by and now she had doctored in law and acts as a judge. Then my thoughts went to my younger daughter who lives in New Zealand and is going to make me a Grandpa too in February next year.

Oh man, how fast times can run. I've got old in a few hours.

Harald
Cem

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Congrats Harald! I hope that Benjamin will have a happy, healthy and long life with his loved ones.

Kind Regards,

Cem

Photographs
RSL

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »
ReplyReply

More congrats, Harald. Grandkids are a special pleasure because you can enjoy them at great length and when their diapers need to be changed, pass them off to their parents.

mezzoduomo

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Huge Congrats! I'm almost there myself, and I can't wait!
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 05:45:41 PM »
ReplyReply

I'll add my hearty congratulations, too!

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rob C

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Great news for you; long may you enjoy them all!

Getting old in a few hours is a nice way to age; the other way takes a lot of time and comes with its own load of problems, so be happy for your way. The only way you don't age is if you are terminally unlucky.

;-)

Rob C

wolfnowl

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 01:06:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Congrats, Indeed!  Grandkids are great - you can get 'em all wound up and then send them back to their parents... spoil 'em rotten without feeling guilty about it...  Grin Our two oldest grandkids started school this year.  Tempus fugit.

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
SunnyUK

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:10:44 AM »
ReplyReply

Congratulations... new life is what it should all be about!
Peter Stacey

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 06:12:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Congrats on becoming a new granddad.

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Congrats on becoming a new granddad.

Even better: in a few decades let's hope we can congratulate him for being an old granddad! Then it's even better: they start to feel nice, kindly and over-considerate towards you. Then, exact revenge for that careless moment of prematurely old-ageing you!

;-)

Rob C

Harlem22

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »
ReplyReply

Even better: in a few decades let's hope we can congratulate him for being an old granddad! Then it's even better: they start to feel nice, kindly and over-considerate towards you. Then, exact revenge for that careless moment of prematurely old-ageing you!

;-)

Rob C

Pfui, what a mean thought. Obviously you tell from experience :-)

Harald
Rob C

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 08:53:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Pfui, what a mean thought. Obviously you tell from experience :-)

Harald

Well, I never had wrinklles until I became a granddad; before that I had character lines, just like Gary Cooper.

(The Duke never had character lines like that; he was always like Robert Mitchum: apparently asleep on his feet. However, as teenagers in long trousers, we all used to try to walk like Robert Mitchum. We even wore our shirt collars up.)

Of course I still crave that Coupe de Ville!

;-)

Rob C

Jim Pascoe

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Did you shoot that in raw or as a jpeg?

Only joking.  Congratulations from me too.  We have three grandchildren now and I'm 'only' 51.  They are great but remember they seem to grow fast so see them as much as you can.  It was quite a moment when the eldest, George, started saying "grandpa Jim...."  Made me feel my age then.  George once asked whether my mother in law (his great-grandmother) was the sister of my wife (his grandmother).  Now that really makes you realise that to a child even 50 is old - he couldn't tell the difference between 50 and 80!

Jim
Rob C

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 09:12:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Did you shoot that in raw or as a jpeg?

Only joking.  Congratulations from me too.  We have three grandchildren now and I'm 'only' 51.  They are great but remember they seem to grow fast so see them as much as you can.  It was quite a moment when the eldest, George, started saying "grandpa Jim...."  Made me feel my age then.  George once asked whether my mother in law (his great-grandmother) was the sister of my wife (his grandmother).  Now that really makes you realise that to a child even 50 is old - he couldn't tell the difference between 50 and 80!Jim

I'm giving myself a few years on that one, but hope the same logic will still apply when (if) I start to get hungry for female companionship again. It obviously seems to work for some old chaps here with yachts...

I wonder if one or three old cameras will spin the same magical suspension of common sense?

Rob C

Harlem22

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm giving myself a few years on that one, but hope the same logic will still apply when (if) I start to get hungry for female companionship again. It obviously seems to work for some old chaps here with yachts...

I wonder if one or three old cameras will spin the same magical suspension of common sense?

Rob C

If you looks like Karl Lagerfeld, perhaps. And, of course, if you not only own your cameras but a yacht as well.

Harald
Rob C

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »
ReplyReply

If you looks like Karl Lagerfeld, perhaps. And, of course, if you not only own your cameras but a yacht as well.

Harald

Okay, that's two strikes... but at least I have the 'tail. Of a very old horse.

Rob C

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad