Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Creation of the "Originals" Folder in Catalog Workflow  (Read 2570 times)
Ronald N. Tan

« on: September 29, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »
ReplyReply

For me, I will never import my images into the Catalog, because I have my own directory setup I like. When I import images, the choice is always import at the current location. This is my annoyance I am seeing: the creation of the "Originals" folder. When I delete it, it comes back the next time I open the catalog. Is that normal and proper software protocol?

David Grover / Phase One

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:57:02 AM »
ReplyReply

For me, I will never import my images into the Catalog, because I have my own directory setup I like. When I import images, the choice is always import at the current location. This is my annoyance I am seeing: the creation of the "Originals" folder. When I delete it, it comes back the next time I open the catalog. Is that normal and proper software protocol?
[/quote

Ronald,

There is no need to delete the Originals folder and serves no benefit to do so.  It is there as it is possible to move images to be stored inside the catalog and back out again.  This is beneficial (if you like myself) you often travel and wish to take some raw files 'on the road' with you.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad