Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: How do you earn your cheque  (Read 2950 times)
cottagehunter
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 74


« on: October 15, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
ReplyReply

How many on here earn their cheque with photography specifically. How many make a large portion of their income giving   workshops or taking people on photo tours?
Just interested.

Pierre
Logged
Kirk Gittings
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1550


WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:11 PM »
ReplyReply

100% of my income has come from photography since 1978 in various combinations of commercial architectural photography, fine art print sales and teaching photography at various universities.
Logged

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Michael N. Meyer
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 32


WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »
ReplyReply

I make 100% of my income shooting corporate and e-commerce/catalog work and a little photo related consulting occasionally.
Logged

Justinr
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1027


WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »
ReplyReply

Well to anyone who may be feeling slightly overawed at this stage of the thread I'll confess to photography now being just an addition to the writing.
Logged

Craig Lamson
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 773



WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
ReplyReply

I've been 100 percent for 30 years...and my wife joined in 12 years ago. 

Sometimes I still worry I'll need to get a real job someday Smiley
Logged

Craig Lamson Photo
www.craiglamson.com
alatreille
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 77



WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »
ReplyReply

100% what comes out of the camera.
I toy with the idea of starting up courses or helping out/teaching...then I don't have the spare time....

Cheers
Andrew
Logged

Between the Buildings
http://www.andrewlatreille.com
slackercruster
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 110


« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Been at it 44 years. I earn 0% from photography.

I shoot what I love, but what I love is not what others will pay for.

I commend those that are able to make a good living with their cam.
Logged
tim wolcott
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 468


WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:46 AM »
ReplyReply

I earn 100% of my money from Photography.  98% from the sales of fine art landscape photography.  Tim Wolcott
Logged
k bennett
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1466


WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
ReplyReply

Twenty-six years full time, ten as a freelance news photog, the last sixteen on staff at a small university. The steady paycheck is nice but I do sometimes miss the news business.
Logged

Equipment: a camera and some lenses.
JoeKitchen
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 733



« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
ReplyReply

About 85% from my photography.  The other 15% is from consulting, which I am slowly phasing out over the next 2 or 3 months. 
Logged

Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
"Try not to be just better than your rivals and contemporaries, try to be better than yourself."  William Faulkner
cottagehunter
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 74


« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 09:55:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks to all for their comments.
I am with slackercruster however several of the (professional) photograpers I have encountered over the past few years have been busy selling their courses or trips so I was wondering if it is a dying profession. Glad to hear that there is still an opportunity out there.

Pierre
Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad