Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Ink Cart Exp. Date  (Read 775 times)
Mike Sellers

« on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »
ReplyReply

I just got an ink cart from Amazon for my Canon 8100 that was advertised as "new" but it turns out to have an expiration date of 12/2008. Is it still ok to use it in my printer?
Mike
Floyd Davidson

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:42:32 AM »
ReplyReply

I just got an ink cart from Amazon for my Canon 8100 that was advertised as "new" but it turns out to have an expiration date of 12/2008. Is it still ok to use it in my printer?
Mike

Take expire dates on printer inks with a grain of salt... but, a "new" cart that was manufactured at least 7 years ago???

I'd send that back with a not very polite note attached.

Sal Baker

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Mike
OEM ink lasts a long time, but this is a stretch.  Amazon sold you a cart that the manufacturer says shouldn't be used.  They owe you a reasonably fresh ink cart.

Sal
l_d_allan

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Some time back, I asked Canon tech support about whether there was something on their retail package that could be decoded as an expiration date. I was considering purchase of what seemed to be a "too good to be true" eBay item.

IIRC, the response from Canon was "unopened tanks don't expire". That surprised me, but I have no reason to think they were being other than honest with my direct question.

However, that was about CLI-8 dye ink for my Canon 9000-2. I can't generalize to other ink they sell for other printers. YMMV, especially with non-oem ink as far as expiration dates.

retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear ... let me know if you're in the area and would like a free guided tour of our photographically "target-rich environment"
Mike Sellers

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 08:11:22 PM »
ReplyReply

They sent an RMA # so I just returned it.
darlingm

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Mike

From Amazon itself, or an Amazon marketplace vendor, or "Fulfilled by Amazon"?

Mike Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing Amazing Artwork Reproduction Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com (734) 255-9761
Mike Sellers

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
ReplyReply

From the vendor. Same day that I complained about it.
darlingm

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:56:23 PM »
ReplyReply

From the vendor. Same day that I complained about it.

What I was figuring.  Marketplace vendors on Amazon are are lot like eBay sellers.  Was hoping Amazon itself wouldn't have pulled that!

Mike Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing Amazing Artwork Reproduction Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com (734) 255-9761
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad