Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: printing a portion of image out of lightroom  (Read 560 times)
larkis

« on: October 26, 2013, 11:55:59 PM »
ReplyReply

What is the easiest method to print a portion of an image out of lightoom that would represent a slice of a bigger print. For example, i want to make a 40x50" print at 180dpi and would like to print a few areas of that on 8.5x11 sheets to preview how the various image regions will hold up in the actual big print. In photoshop this is quite easy to do by copying portions of an image with a fixed size marque and pasting them into a smaller page document.

My photography blog
http://blog.dominik.ca/
Geraldo Garcia

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »
ReplyReply

I usually print stripes of the image.
Lets say I would want a 24x36" final print of a tricky image, I would probably print 2 or 3 stripes of 24x3" of the more potentially problematic areas. To do that I would create a 24x3" paper size, set Lightroom print module to "zoom to fill" and position the stripes by dragging the image. Quick, simple and provides real size crop stripes good for checking detail, sharpness, noise, colour accuracy... everything.

Best regards.
elied

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:57:45 AM »
ReplyReply

I create a Virtual Copy or two and then crop to  a small section and print using the same resampling and sharpening settings as will be used for the big one.

Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams the news
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad